1

photo owned by YiXuan0

~

"I'm sorry, Uncle! I'm sorry!" the young man kneeled for forgiveness in front of his uncle. His head downcast with verging tears in his eyes.

"Didn't I tell you not to be late? we have to greet..." Jiang Cheng let out a surrendering breath. "Whatever." He said, rubbing his temples.

Jiang Cheng stated as clear as the sky to his relatives that he doesn't want to open his doors in any romantic relationship what more is loveless marriage. Jiang Cheng was fine growing old alone as he always retorted. However, his relatives keep on pushing his buttons. Claiming an emperor needs an empress. The elders in his clan gave him a list of incapable girls as per Jiang Cheng said, from different clans.

Rejection after rejection. Jiang Cheng can't find any lady in this land that can match him. Not until his sworn brother, Wei Wuxian, told him he knew someone from a dying clan. Jiang Cheng doesn't know why, but he instantly felt something from her. From then on, Jiang Cheng knew that things will change for the better or worse.

A part of him knew the reason. Hell will break loose if he continues to deny his feelings. "Wei Wuxian. You are so dead." Jiang Cheng says under his breath. Jin Ling felt shivers. It was like his uncle was enchanting a curse. Jin Ling hugs himself.

Scary. I better keep my mouth shut. I don't want to be put under a spell. Jin Ling thought to himself.

Jiang Cheng was persuaded when Wei Wuxian exaggerated the lady's beauty and her capabilities. They are a match made in heaven according to Wei Wuxian. Jiang Cheng was foolish enough to trust Wei Wuxian's judgement and agreed to marry this friend of his even without meeting her.

A flame of red lit on his ears. Jiang Cheng felt he will pass out. There are many wrong decisions he regretted, but letting Wei Wuxian choose his wife tops them all.

"Uncle? Are you having a fever?" Jin Ling says, slightly tilting his head to the side, worry visible in his voice. "Don't get sick now. Today is the Madam's first day with us."

"Shut up! I'm not sick." Jiang Cheng turn his back at him. "Jin Ling, stand up and fix yourself. She might be near."

The two section leader didn't wait long. A servant informs him that Jiang Cheng's wife has finally arrived in the estate.

Jiang Cheng stood from his seat. "Let her in." he says, acting collected. The servant cupped her hands in front of him and walks out.

Jin Ling stood beside him. He witness his uncle check his robe for any sign of dirt and wipe an invisible dust. Jin Ling felt strange on the sudden unnatural act his uncle was making and raises a brow.

Jiang Cheng was about to scold him when a voice was heard outside the hall, letting the people inside know the presence behind the wooden door. Both men fixed their gazes on the door.

"The Madam is here."

"Come in." Jiang Cheng smoothly says in his deep voice.

The wooden door slowly opens and made way for the new madam of the house. Jiang Cheng regrets he didn't believe Wei Wuxian. He hate to admit it but...

Her beauty wasn't an exaggeration.

Today's the first time he saw her face. The Jiang-He wedding ceremony happened 7 days ago. Jiang Cheng did not spare any glance at her on their wedding and she did the same. He assumes she hates him. Neither of them wanted this marriage anyway, it was understandable. After the wedding ceremony, the madam went back to her own town as per Jiang Cheng's order.

It was never his plan to let her stay in the estate. He already gave what the elders wanted, a loveless marriage. But, Jiang Cheng was then again swayed by Wei Wuxian. He wants him to get to know Hua Wenxiu better and if fate agrees, they could work. And If fate forbids, Jiang Cheng is ready to blame it all to Wei Wuxian. But, all jokes aside, if he loses her... Jiang Cheng doesn't know if he can still breathe without He Wujuan.

Jiang Cheng tilted his head towards his nephew. "Jin Ling, assist the lady." He commanded.

"I'm not her husband though." Jin Ling whispered, teasing his uncle. "Why would I..." Jiang Cheng raise a fist, his veins popping on his wrist. Jin Ling got terrified and instantly followed his orders. "Okay, okay!"

Jin Ling went towards the door. He extend his arms and she gladly accept it. Jiang Cheng watch as the two walk hand in hand towards him. He felt a slight bitterness deep inside him but choose to shrugged it off.

"Here's your wife, Uncle." Jin Ling said with a smug on his face.

"Greetings to the..."

Jiang Cheng didn't let her finish. "You don't have to do that." As much as he controlled to soften his voice, what he said came out wrong and sounded he was mad.

"Oh..." Her head slowly fell downcast, looking dejected.

Jin Ling squinted his eyes at the older man and mouthed "What have you done?"

Jiang Cheng internally cursed himself from embarrassment.

Jiang Cheng fake a coughed "You've traveled far, He Wujuan. Do you want to rest first or join a meal with us? whichever the Madam choose is fine with me."

"This lady will choose to dine with the two great sect. clan leaders." she said and cupped her hands.

The three of them eat in silence. Jiang Cheng didn't plan this. He wanted to start a conversation but words can't come out of his mouth.

It was almost time for Jin Ling to leave as he has to go to the town with Fairy. He knew it will be awkward for the two to be alone together so he decided to let her come along with him.

"Auntie, do you want to go to the town with me?" He asked at the lady across him. "The town folks surely wants to see the new Madam and It will be nice to get yourself familiar with the place since you'll be residing here."

"That is true." The lady responded. She gave it some thought, she expected, more like wanted Jiang Cheng to tour her in town as she want for them to get close. He Wujuan took a glimpse at her husband. Jiang Cheng doesn't look like he cares if she goes.

A breath escape her mouth. She took a sip on her tea and secretly glimpse at him again. Looking for any signs. But Jiang Cheng still looks unbothered.

She tilted her head towards the young man "Okay. I'll be in your care, Sect. Leader Jin Ling." A small curve form on her lips that appears to be a smile. Jin Ling felt warm. Its his first time seeing her smile.

The older man sitting in the middle not far away from them felt envious as the two are now close. Well, one of his standards for a wife is someone who can love Jin Ling, his beloved nephew. Him getting jealous over this is too immature.