3

credentials goes to the righful owner of the picture.

~

He Wujuan choose to deliver Jiang Cheng's meal herself.

"I can do this." She breathed in and out countless of times before having the courage to knock.

Seconds after, a light knock can be heard.

"Come in." a man's voice said from the inside. Jiang Cheng knew she was already outside and plainly pretended.

He Wujuan went inside. Jiang Cheng's room is bigger than she thought, even bigger combined with 4 rooms in her home. She place the meal on the central wooden table. Her heart starts to beat at full speed like thousand of horses dashing into the rocky mountains hearing Jiang Cheng's footsteps behind her. He comfortably sat and fix his gaze at the meal.

After placing the meal, she slowly walk out to hear Jiang Cheng's reaction with her cooking skills. Her grip tightens at the tray as she was almost losing hope, getting near at the door when Jiang Cheng called for her.

"Where are you going?"

He Wujuan turned her back. "To my room?" she said. Jiang Cheng's gaze is fix at her and she did the same.

Jiang Cheng crossed his arms over his chest. "And where is your room exactly?"

He Wujuan doesn't know what to answer as he and her never talked about it. Jiang Cheng answered the question himself after minutes of waiting from her.

"Sit down." Jiang Cheng instructed. He Wujuan complied, sitting across him.

"You and I are married. Your things are in the closet room over there." He said pointing to a single door on the far end of the room. She turn her head for a second to take a glimpse and went back to look at him.

Both of them stayed in silence after that. Jiang Cheng continued to eat his meal and He Wujuan silently glance at him every 2 minutes to see his reaction.

Jiang Cheng breaks the silence. "Aren't you going to say anything?"

She finally asks "How does it taste?"

Jiang Cheng's reaction was plain and simple "Average." He said without any contemplations.

He Wujuan wasn't hurt or anything. It was a better answer than receiving silence.

It was time to sleep. Jiang Cheng first climb on the bed and faced his back at the other. He Wujuan change into her house clothes, removing all her head dress. Afterwards, she came out of the closet room. Jiang Cheng was already fast asleep. The only light that lits the room is the single candle on the side of the bed. Jiang Cheng must have shut the other lights off. He Wujuan carefully climb into the bed, avoiding waking her husband. She let out a sigh after peacefully finding a comfortable spot. In a matter of minutes, the fatigue finally rush through her and she fell asleep.

Jiang Cheng hardly slept as it felt unfamiliar with having someone sleep beside him. Just as he finally fell nodding off, he was woken up from a shaking body. The sun wasn't even out yet. He rouse from his slumber, eyes half open. Jiang Cheng leaned his face to hers, sticking their foreheads together so he can check her temperature.

Her temperature was high. Jiang Cheng went out and prepared the lukewarm water bathe himself. He carefully carried her and place her on the tub. Worry shows on his face on how will he undress her.

"Can you undress yourself?" Jiang Cheng asked the impossible. He waited for a minute for an answer. However, as expected, he didn't receive any response.

"Pardon me for touching you." Jiang Cheng shut his eyes close and tried his best not to brush a skin. The female groaned in pain when he unintentionally twisted her arm in the process.

He successfully undress her before He Wujuan can shiver to death in the tub. Jiang Cheng left her soak for a few minutes. He was on full alert picking her up to dress her and wrap her securely back on the bed.

"Do you feel pain anywhere?"

He Wujuan weakly shrugged her head.

"Okay, take a rest." He said, brushing his thumb on her cheeks.

Jiang Cheng attentively watch her the whole night.