The First Day

Nova's POV

I stood outside the old house, the email opened in my hands, double checking that I was in the right place.

Seriously! This is where we're going to practice!

It looked like a haunted house rather than a studio. I wiped my sweaty hands on my pleated skirt and smoothed the blouse too. Taking a deep breath, I went inside. The hallway led me two a door. There was another one on the left. But I knocked on the first door. A very handsome Liam Payne in black Hanley opened the door, the smile I've seen on screen thousands of times played on his lips making his eyes crinkle.

"Hey, good morning! You're early. "

"Couldn't hold my excitement. "

"To be honest I was excited too." he said letting me inside the room.
I flushed at his direct answer.

"So the others haven't made it yet? I guess I'm too early. "

"Nah. You're on time. They're always late. Come on I'll show you around. "

He then introduced me to the crew and other members working there, not that there was so many. The outside of the house might say it was haunted but the inside was a cozy comfy studio with a feeling of home. That would be helpful for me.
By the time we returned to the earlier room which Liam said was
the Chill Room, Louis, Niall and Harry were there.

"Hey Megan Fox. I came early today but Payno stole you. Never misses a chance." Louis thumped Liam's shoulder.

"Excuse me, but my name is Nova." I said a little bit confused.

"Oh I know your name. But didn't anyone told you that you look like Megan Fox? "

"Too bad. I wanted to look like Jennifer Aniston." I took a quick glance at Harry who was busy on his phone. Louis was silent after my answer giving me a questioning look.
Oh Crap! He got the hint!
Of course he remembered Harry's crush was Jennifer Aniston.

But Niall rescued me.
"It's good to finally have you with
us Supernova."

He gave me a warm hug. And yes, I already got two pet names on the band. Supernova and Megan Fox. Lovely.

"It's my pleasure to be here with you guys." I said with a genuine smile.

"If you're finished chatting we can go on with the work. " Harry said in a flat tone as he left the room.
I didn't even notice him leaving the couch and suddenly his voice was just there. I was a little bit startled. And he didn't even talk to me.
How rude!

Liam rolled his eyes.
"Don't worry about him. He's always that pissed. "
Liam assured me as we followed after Harry to the actual studio.

All sorts of equipment were there but scattered with some cushions, pillows and comforters. Like I said, it was home. We worked on the last albums song.
I would be taking the place as a semi lead member, not actually taking Zayn Malik the former members place right away who suddenly left the band last year. They took a year off following the leave of Zayn. But the tour was due. And fans didn't want them to quit. So, the management thought of this idea of bringing a female into the band to give it more twist and test the water.
I'd be helping the boys with some vocals obviously and writing in the new album. Everything depended on fans reaction. After all I'd be the only girl in the boyband.

Lord knows how would the fans accept me.
*

After 3 hours of effortless rehearsal we were having lunch break. I didn't have any difficulties catching up with the songs as I'd listened them to sleep a lot over the last year. Well, they didn't need to know the information of course. Let them think I'm that talented.