Welcoming Party

Nova's POV

Miraculously we got out of the apartment unnoticed. Harry was back in his sour mood. By now, I was used to it.
We stopped at the footpath. Harrys car was waiting for him , so he got in. I was waiting for my taxi.
Suddenly a horn startled me.
The jerk was pressing the horn nonstop.

He’s tellin ya to get in’.

I know, Megan. But he could’ve asked.
I didn’t budge.
I stood my ground folding my arms over my chest. Finally, he reversed car near me and opened the passenger side door.

Sweet! Now what else do you want?’
Megan may be happy but I wasn’t. I spared him a look.
Bad move. He was glaring.

“Get inside the car Nova!” he burked.

Okay. So it would be better to get in.
It’s all we’re getting from Harry Styles, I guess.

I got in quietly and put my seatbelt on before he could bark again. The drive to the studio was utterly silent. Just one or two glances at each other. The tiny space inside his vintage car felt steamy. It reminded of that morning incident when he caught me only in towel and when he zipped my dress.
OH LORD!
It almost felt like he had kissed my hair. Yeah it must be my imagination.

“Hi Nov-……. guys?!” Liam's enthusiasm turned into confusion when he saw me and Harry entering the studio together.

Holding hands?

Just kidding as if that would ever happen!

“Hi Payno.” I replied while Harry just brushed past him to the couch beside Niall.

“Well well, heard someone got a new house?” Louis piqued.

“Ooooohh. Is it true Nova?” Niall joined in the picking on Nova team.
Ever so dramatic!

“Boys, I don’t own mansions like you. It’s just a small apartment. Now get into the topic straight.” I asked. I knew they wanted something.

“No, Nova. No, we don’t ask for anything. I thought we at least deserve a welcoming party.” Louis demanded.

“Well…. as you wish. Party at my place tomorrow. But it’ll be in my style.”

“We’re in!” Louis and Niall bellowed.
I looked at Liam.

“Always.” he said with a smile.

I looked at Harry too, but couldn’t gather the courage to ask. Louis noticed and helped me

“What about you Haz? Would you please oblige us with your precious presence, sir?”

Niall was stifling his laughter at Louis’ sweet remark. But as always, Harry got annoyed and left the room.
Oh, boy!

                         *

I was unloading some boxes that I couldn’t touch in the last 2 days. My preparation for welcoming 1D boys was already done. Lara helped me with the desert and I got the chance to catch up with her after so long.

One of the box fell from my hand and all the tiny album spilled on the floor with the old memory. I sat there and picked up the albums. My old paper cut album. All the celebrities were there in the pages and I laughed at my childhood memories.
The doorbell interrupted my trip down memory lane.

The boys are here!
I hurried to the door and made sure my Saree was properly placed.

“Hey boys! You guys made it!”

One by one, Louis, Niall and Liam hugged me and I welcomed them in. But, my eyes were searching for the one that was absent.

My stupid heart! Like he’d come to my tiny little apartment!