Justice League

Nova's POV

My phone kept ringing and I kept ignoring it. What else would I do?

Tell her the truth. Tell her you’ve found a hot husband

Shut up Megan. It’s not funny.

My mother was calling me past 3 days. My finals were halfway done so I knew what she would say. To come home. But I found my new life. I wasn’t going to lose it yet. I couldn’t cut off my family either.

“Someone could be dying, Nova. Take the call.”
Mike said.

“Trust me. I’m barely on anyone’s mind that they would call me before taking their last breath.”

“Ahaha, don’t worry darling. I’ll surely call you. To let you know that you can tell Emily that I love her.” Mike sighed.

“Seriously, Mike! That’s what your plan? You’re waiting for your last breath to tell her? That sucks man”

“You know I don’t want to ruin our friendship. What if she never talks to me after knowing the truth?’’

I saw the fear in Mike’s eyes. I knew it could happen. So I didn’t push him.
Mike and Emily had been friends since high school. And he had a crush on her. But he never told her. He was afraid of rejection. In most cases this was what happened. We didn’t love the person who love us. And the person we love didn’t love us back.
I hoped Emily loves Mike back.

“Guys let’s go I’ve got the tickets. And popcorn too.”

Emily passed us the tickets.
Since it was weekend and I needed to avert my mind from the tune Harry played today I decided to join my friends to ‘Justice League’. Henry Cavil would definitely occupy my mind. Emily brought the tickets while Mike and I was talking.

“What were you guys talking about?’’ Emily asked while we entered.

“We were talking about you.” I said.
Mike stiffened beside me.

“Really? What about me?’’

“Mike was telling me how you looked so cute in high school and now you’re getting hot day by day.”

Mike pinched me from behind. But I had to do what I had to do. I couldn’t just sit around and see him getting hurt.

“What! Mike?’’ Emily asked Mike. He was scared as hell. Well, I was a bit too. Her reaction didn’t sound great.

“At least someone noticed. I don’t feel pretty these days. No one asks me out.” she said a little later and we both sighed in relief. I poked Mike to say something to make her feel good.

“Why would you feel that way? Em, you’re the prettiest girl I know. And you don’t need some duchebag to asking you out to prove that.”

Wow. Mike played well. And Emily looked emotional too.
I enjoyed two beautiful moments. Cark Kent and Lois Lane's reunion was the second on my list. Nothing could compare with Emily and Mike.