Calcination

Louis’s POV

Who knew a week could fly in the blink of an eye? And here we are sitting in San Diego after our first gig.
Four years in the band and I still was not used to the response from the crowd. It still overwhelmed me. But despite all that what was eating me from the inside was that Nova and Harry wasn’t doing anything. After the party their interaction was non-existent. Looks like I gotta do something.

“Babe, we need to help Harry.” I called to Tejal who was getting ready to hangout with Julia into the City. She knew I was tired so she didn’t ask me to come.

She was honestly the best girl in the world!

“Explain, Boo.”

“Did you notice Nova and Harry? I thought being  together 24/7 would bring them  closer but they’re more distant than ever.”

“You wanna help Harry? Then make him angry.”

“How’s that supposed to help?”

“Make him jealous, silly! I mean he gets jealous when Nova and Liam are together, right? Then use it.” she explained.

I thought about it for a while. What she said would surely work. But, we’d have to sacrifice Payno. I was thinking it wouldn’t be that bad. He would surely not mind if it was something that made Nova happy.

“You know you’re a smart ass, right?” I smilled at her. She just shruged smugly. Yeah, we were definitely meant to be.

                       *

“Guys, you wanna go out?” Tej asked  Harry and Niall, peeking through their hotel room door. Since Niall was already snoring, I guessed it only applied to Harry, who was changing the channels on television.

“No. ’’
Yeah that’s  what I expected.

Jerk! He said no to my babe.

“C’mon babe, you can ask Liam and Nova. I’m sure they’ll join you.” I said to Tej and checked Harry’s reaction.

Nope. Nothing!

“But, boo I’ll feel like a third wheel around them. You know Liam is already taking Nova to the sea world.”

My girl just rubbed salt on the right cut. And just like that ,I saw the anger in Harry’s eyes.

“What?Oh, Payno never misses a chance, does he? Okay then, give them some privacy, you better go with Julia.” I said, making my best pensive face.

“Okay, you take some rest. Love you.”

“Love you more.”
Tejal left with a kiss.
Harrys jaw was still locked in place.

Just like Tejal predicted.

“Amazing, isn’t she?” I said plopping on the bed next to Harry.
He just snorted.

“I’m talking about Nova, dude. I mean  she brought joy to the band.”

“Yeah she did.” He replied with a stoic face, still looking at the stupid news on the TV.

“You see, there’s smile on everyone’s face. She’s such an angel.” I tested him some more.

“Yeah, her smile only fades when she sees me.” he said quietly.

“Why would you think that Harry? She’s sweet to everyone.” I defended her. But boy, I could smell the jealousy from a mile away!

“You don’t see it Louis. She is nice and friendly to everyone but whenever she sees me, poof! Her happiness is gone! Now, she’s going on a date with Liam. Perfect!” he threw the remote to the bed. It landed just beside Nialls nose. Saved by an inch.

“No Harry, it’s not like that. You are misunderstanding her. If you want to be sure then why don’t you just ask her? I’m sure she’ll go out with you, too.”

“I don’t have time for this bullshit!” he shot up abruptly and went to the balcony.

And my work here was done. Hopefully,  his jealousy would make him take the right move and hopefully,  he wouldn’t pile it all on Nialler.