I Wanna Write You A Song

Nova's POV

My guitar lesson with Harry on the weekend had been going well. The Megan inside me was having her own honeymoon phase at this. But what I was afraid of was that I haven’t talk to my mom yet and soon I was going to be announced to the media as a new part of the band.

Be a warrior, not a worrier, remember?

Yeah. Thanks for the reminder Fox. There was only one way to free my mind. And that’s what I did. Put everything in a song.

Couldn’t tell how the time passed, then I noticed Liam, Niall and Louis was sitting around the coffee table. I was so absorbed in writing and they didn’t even make any sound.

“Oh sorry, when did you guys came?” I asked as I finally looked around.

“It’s fine, it’s just few minutes. We saw you writing. Is it finished?’’ Liam said glancing at the notepad.

Before I could answer Louis snatched it. I was nervous. This would be my first written song in the band. Who knew what they’d think of it.
The boys kept passing the note to one another. I was getting more nervous.

“How is it?’’ I asked biting my pencil.

Yup, I had the bad habit of chewing my pencil. Don’t do it. It’s unhygienic.

“Holy mother, who hurt you darling?” Louis said as he glanced over the lyrics again.
I rolled my eyes at him.

“Seriously, tell me, I’ll beat his ass off.”

“Thanks for the offer Louis. But I did the job already.” I replied with a smile.

“But what about the chorus?” Niall asked. Liam took the pad and concentrated.

“I just couldn’t come up with it yet. Any help?”

We kept thinking about the chorus. I was perfecting the letters overwriting them when a hand hit the back of my chair and a heat suddenly washed over me.

“How are your daydreaming coming along?” Harry spoke from behind me, practically scaring me out of my skin. I looked over my shoulder to see and he was hovering behind my chair his hand on either side of my chair. He was so close that I caught a whiff of his aftershave or cologne whatever that was. But GOD THAT WAS SEXY!

“Daydreaming would be your thing, Haz. We’re here for work.” Louis chided.

“Is it? What earth saving mission are you working on?”
His hand was still on my chair and his warmth still tingled my skin. I just kept my mouth shut.
Actually no. I was still biting the pencil.

“Nova, wrote an amazing song. I think we can take it on our next album.” Liam recited.

“But we are trying to figure out the chorus.” Niall informed.

Harry looked at the notepad in front of me for a while, maintaining his torturous position. Every part of my body was on alert and then there was my heart, pounding.

“I see!” he whispered at last, his breath fanned the hair on top of my head. Bending forward he took the pencil out of my hand so that he could jot down the lines on the note. Our fingers touched briefly, but it was enough for me to stop breathing.

“There you go, how does it sound?” he said sliding the notepad to the boys and finally releasing me from the awkward feeling.

One by one they saw the lyrics and finally it was my turn. I read the scribble he left on my clean notepad. But unlike his scribble the lines were perfect.

  ‘we can’t meet in this life
         But I have hope
        Maybe in afterlife
      God will give me a scope