3

It happened too quick, one moment he was hovering over the small skinny figure and the next he was pinned down to the ground, the boy straddled his torso and there was the sharp edge of the glass pressed to his neck, if the boy was to apply just a little bit more pressure, Perth's jugular would be torn open.

"Fuck!" he exclaimed, putting his hands up in a surrender position. He completely ignored the pain in his back after suddenly being pushed harshly down to the tarred ground because there was this boy sitting on his chest almost slicing his throat open with a large piece of broken glass. Clearly, he has his priorities straight although his father told him otherwise.

"Who-whoa j-just hold on for a minute-"

The boy growled, literally, growled though it sounded more of a puppy rather than a wolf but Perth had no intentions on demeaning a boy who was minutes away from killing him. The boy was gripping the glass with his bare hands, making he, himself bleed form the torsion, blood oozing out for the creases of his fingers that were pressed to the sharp edge.

"Look, I just wanted to see if you're okay, alright. Are you hit? I'm sorry for yelling."

The smaller boy's eyes softened and Perth swore, yes, his eyes weren't natural. They were glowing blue, breathtaking nonetheless but there was something unnatural about it, like he was wearing lenses. Perth tried to look for the outline of those, if he was wearing lenses, but he couldn't find it - his eyes were naturally that bright blue, this boy was... different. The correct term, yes, different.

Perth's eyes can't seem to look away from those belonging to this boy with a makeshift-knife to his throat simply because the boy was just beautiful in every way, even when he's minutes from taking Perth's life.

Dogs barking in a distance caught the blue eyes' attention and also Perth's.

"Search for him!" they heard along with the frightening sounds of probably German shepherds together with a couple whistle blows.

The boy frantically got to his feet, fear returning in his eyes as he scrambled off Perth, wanting to get away because obviously, whoever those people with the ferocious sounding dogs were looking for - Perth found him. Perth coughed as the weight on his chest on throat were finally lifted off him, enabling him to breathe normally once more. He propped up his body with his elbows, eyes wondering to where the boy who was.

The sound of dogs barking was drawing near and the boy grew panicky. He was ready to run for it and Perth expected him to just disappear into the woods as fast as he appeared out of nowhere, but he didn't. He suddenly crumpled to the ground and groaned in pain, arms now clutching the stomach, the piece of glass he used against Perth moments ago dropped to the tarred ground with a clank.

Perth should've just run or get into the car and speed off, leave the boy to whoever was responsible for him because he tried to slice Perth's throat open but he couldn't. He just couldn't leave the boy with those pretty blue eyes alone. Maybe it was him trying to rebel everything in the world because his father wouldn't let him be independent or maybe it was the sudden urge to protect the boy because all so sudden, he looked so damn fragile and innocent, like a child lost in a sea of people, regardless of his violent ways. Either way, Perth couldn't just leave him.

The boy probably had a reason as to why he was running, just how Perth was away from his life.

So Perth got up and tried to lift the boy up from under his knees and arms. The boy struggled, trashing his arms and legs trying to free himself from Perth but whatever pain he was in was making him weaker from he was earlier. Easily, Perth carried him and brought him to the back seat of his car

Laying the boy gently down on the seat, ignoring how the boy scurried away from him with frightened eyes. Satisfied, Perth rushed over to the driver's, got in and sped off, the tires creating smoke as it screeched on the road.