8

Perth don't usually wake up early on Sundays, but this time he needed to and the fact that he was finding it hard to sleep made it much easier to get up from the bed. He decided that while Prem was available at home to babysit Son, he oughta go do some Sherlock Holmes work about the little boy asleep on his bed.

He prepared everything, breakfast and tea for Prem and Son, so that there won't be any hassle between them while he was out but to be honest, it was more of worrying whether Son would eat or not and if Perth cooks, Son would surely eat. After finishing most of the pizza yesterday with Yacht, the blue eyed boy could even wallop up another set of dinner Perth had prepared for them. Yacht left soon after and Prem returned a little too late with only evidence there was pizza were the crumbs, so Perth had to cook - more like he wanted to cook for the two.

"I still think we should go to the police" Prem said over the cup of tea, glancing over to Perth's room where the door was open and a small body slept soundly under the covers.

Perth sighed "Spend one day with him
and you tell me whether we should really hand him to the police."

"You're crazy."

"I'm doing the right thing."

"Perth, he's not a kitten or a puppy you can just take out from the streets!" the other lad dejected, letting out an exasperated sigh "pretty soon he's bound to need the hospital at some point and bloody papers, Perth! He doesn't have any papers with him; we can't keep him here in hiding forever!"

"Look, I'll sort it out, okay? I just need to go do this for a moment, you stay here and well, take care of him, make sure he doesn't hurt himself."

Prem quirked a brow at Perth's little statement, obviously still skeptical about the whole 'sorting this shit out'. Perth was a smart one, yes, though a little squeamish around blood and gore, he was in the makings of a good doctor because he was sensible, logical, rational, but this, Prem didn't see any rationale about keeping a kid with no valid identification papers, weird features (beautiful but still out of this world) and seem to know nothing normal (just yesterday he was asking Prem what was football about). And one thing was for sure, if Perth is determined at something, he'd go and accomplish it. There was no stopping him if he had his mind set on something so Prem had to admit defeat in this.

"Alright, better solve it, Tanapon, before you get too attached."

"Pfft, what do you mean me?"

Prem shrugged getting up from his seat to grab the toast that just popped out of the toaster to go with the bacon Perth had fried earlier for him, "Because you get attached to things, animals, anything at all easily."

"No, I don't" Perth retorted back, putting on the white converse he got last year.

"Right. Remember Smittens, hmm? That little kitten you found, kept for two weeks then her real owner showed up, took her away and you cried for three days-"

"- Alright, alright! I get it, shut it! Get rid of Son before I develop any feelings for him yada-yada-yada, I got it!" Perth flailed his arms once he was done putting on his shoes and walked to the door opening it, "I'll see you both in an hour or so."

"Alright, lover boy" Prem snickered and laughed to himself but his remark earned him a shoe to his head. Just as he was to get off the barstool to chase Perth, the lad was off-leaving him alone at home with a boy he was afraid he might grow fond of, himself.

Perth parked his car on the roadside, on the somewhat exact location where he had found Son. He couldn't actually tell that he was at the correct place he had stumbled open the little broken boy because the trees and the snow made everything look similar. Approximately, he was sure he was at the right place.