7

Perth sighed as he placed the mug of tea down on the kitchen counter. He was sitting on the barstool at the counter dividing the kitchen and the living room, from where he was sitting, he could see little Son sitting on the floor, eyes trained on the telly as he concentrated at the yellow sponge going around making a fool out of himself and his starfish friend. It's been almost two hours Son had been sitting like that. Eyes wide with a blank expression, his legs to the sides and his arms placed infront of him - like a little child (because he is like Perth concluded) - watching the daytime series.

Pain erupted from the left side of his head and Perth went over to one of the drawers, taking out his migraine pills, dunking two down his throat, dry. As relief began to conquer once more, enabling him to see, Perth padded back to his seat and sat on it, covering his face with his hands. His mind couldn't stop going over and over again, replaying Son's face and Son's voice as he told Perth of where he came from.

It all didn't make sense to him, and it was starting to hurt his head like fucking hell. The fact is, it wasn't just mind boggling but it was in fact - hair rising. He tried to make sense of it but in the end he got scared. How many are they that are like Son? Experiments? How many have died during trial? How many children?

Perth had to stop or he would cry again. He nearly cried seeing how Son fell apart in front of him. Fluorescent almost radioactive kind of blue tears spilling from his abnormally blue eyes. Perth deduced Son wasn't an alien or any extraterrestrial being for that matter - he was human. It must've been all those experiments, tests et cetera that had been run on him that made him almost inhumanly gorgeous. As the boy trembled in his arms, crying upon recalling terrifying moments he was held at this place - this place even Son didn't know the name of - Perth told him that he was safe, he was nowhere near those men in white and those doctors, and if they ever decided to come near Son again, Prem and him would beat the shit out of them, anything at all just so the boy would stop crying. Eventually he did and Perth changed to the cartoon channel for Son to watch and since then, Son hadn't move. It was sort of a good thing, at least he wasn't crying.

Now Perth was left in his own dilemma. How was he to protect Son? How was he to get out of this?

His thoughts were interrupted as the doorbell rang. Son scrambled off from where he was sitting to where Perth ways, hiding behind the older lad when he stood up to open the door. A sense of warmness filled his heart when Son did this, he was somewhat proud that Son was looking at him for security, making his protective side shine.

"Don't worry, Son, it's just the door" Perth tried to calm the boy down seeing that he was watching Perth's movements with wide eyes. Son responded by gripping the shirt Perth had on tightly, cowering his small body behind him and Perth just gently ruffled the boy's hair, ensuring him it was alright. He lead Son back to the sofa, in front of the telly, and made sure that he sat comfortably before Perth was to answer the door but Perth could see at the corner of his eyes, Son poking his head out of curiosity from the sofa seat.

Perth went to unlatch the door and opening, all he could hear next was - "I've got pizza!"

Before Perth even had enough time to digest what was happening, he was being pushed aside and a dark head entered carrying two boxes of pizzas (pepperoni, Perth guessed from the smell).

"You could've called first, Yacht" Perth said closing the door behind him and watching as the lad who was at the same age as him placed the food on the kitchen counter.

"What's the fun in that?" Yacht laughed "Where's Prem?"

"Have you forgotten? He works on a Saturday."

"Oh yeah" the other boy shrugged, his mouth into an 'O', "oh, well more pizzas for me! Come on,pop a movie in and OH!"

It seems like Yacht had noticed the head that was coming from behind the sofa staring at them curiously. Immediately the head ducked, disappearing behind the sofa seat. Yacht was always excited to meet someone new, he was excited when he met Perth in medical school, he couldn't stop messing with Perth's hair - because he was Yacht and Yacht was hyper and happy like his colours - and he was fucking excited when he saw Son. Before Perth could warn him of Son's social anxiety that resulted from his past abuse the lad skipped over happily to the hiding one - scaring him, alerting him.