4

"What the actual fuck."

"I can explain."

"You better."

Prem Warut returned home that night from his shift at the local café, expected his night to be less eventful. He got home, took a long shower, made himself dinner - spaghetti and meatballs, not forgetting to make extra just in case his housemate returns without eating, and settled his arse on the sofa watching some crappy show about dogs and it's owners. It was a pretty chill night, until Perth returned with a boy probably no older than eighteen covered in blood and dirt.

If Perth had returned with a stray animal then it'll be easier making Perth throw them out but not with a human being - Prem wasn't that heartless. Perth led the boy with really pretty eyes (like really pretty eyes) to the bathroom; Prem went into the kitchen and took out the first aid kit box from one of the cabinets thinking they might need it.

"I need to see where you're hurt-" he heard Perth from the bathroom before actually seeing him.

The boy was curled up in the empty bathtub shaking his head as Perth extended his hand to touch him. He had on Perth's large coat covering what seemed to be a hospital gown he was wearing underneath and Prem had to ask whether Perth had abducted him from one of those places. He needed to rule out Perth being a fucking criminal for kidnapping someone else's kid.

"You are fucking crazy, of course not!" Perth defended himself.

"Just checking! Who knows, you probably finally gone awol from all that shit you've been getting from your father."

Perth shook his head, pushing Prem lightly back as the other man with black quiffed hair chuckled. He would deal with his housemate later, he needed to find out if the boy had any active bleeding before he bled to death and Perth's head would be on the line.

"What's his name?" Prem asked a few moments later, eyeing the boy curled up in the bathtub.

Perth shrugged, answering his friend since five years ago with a simple "I don't know."

"You picked him up and you didn't ask, idiot?"

"I didn't have time to ask! We were being chased and he bled and-"

"Chased!? Perth Tanapon he better not be some convict you pick up-"

"He's a child godammit, Prem!"

The two older men there would continue their little argument if it wasn't from the whimpering coming from the neglected boy in the tub. Perth inched closer to touch his shoulder only ended up with him getting thrown back onto the floor with a thud. Once again, it was a familiar position, the boy was on top of him ready for hit and the boy's eyes were glowing now as his fist reached up, preparing to knock Perth out.

"Don't touch me! I won't let anyone touch me! Not anymore!" the boy warned towards the man he had pinned underneath his small body, voice cracking.

"Hey, hey-look, my friend just wanted to see if you're okay!" Prem intervened before the boy could throw a punch at Perth's face.

"Don't touch me!" the boy repeated, eyeing Prem, now suspiciously "I don't-! I don't like to be touched-"the boy's voice suddenly return to its fragile and broken state while his eyes dimmed, but his hand was still at the ready - not afraid and he will attack at anyone who would come at him.

"We won't, we won't. Ain't that right, Perth?"

Perth nodded his hands still up by his sides. Both men could see the tears pooling in the boy's eyes and the way he was trembling. He looked smaller than he wanted to be. The poor boy was terrified; he didn't mean to hurt anyone as he only did it in order of self defense.