5

walking into wilbur's room, the first thing that hope did was flop straight onto wilbur's bed and he followed her into the room. she ripped her jacket straight off her body and kicked off her shoes before cuddling herself beneath his covers whilst he strolled over to his desk.

"how you feeling?" he asked, watching as she sniffled and shuffled around to make herself comfortable.

"like shit." she sighed, "but i'll survive." she laughed softly.

"want me to get you anything? a hot drink? some tablets?" he spun around in his chair, waiting for an answer.

"no, no. it's fine." she shook her head in refusal.

he instantly stood up from his seat, "okay, i'm gonna go make you a tea and get you some paracetamol. maybe some chocolate digestives if i'm feeling nice."

"no you don't have -" before she could get her words in he had already left the room. sighing contently, she shuffled her body up against the headboard and aimlessly scrolled through her phone whilst she waited for him.

the slender boy returned holding his favourite mug, some tablets and a packet of chocolate digestives. he placed everything on the bedside table for her and settled himself on the edge of the bed by her legs, "here's some paracetamol."

"you didn't have to," she hummed, "i only have a sniffle and a headache."

"okay? and?" he smirked, "hopefully you'll feel better after this then."

"thank you." hope grinned before reaching for the cup of tea, wrapping her fingertips tightly around the steaming hot beverage.

"right," he strolled over to his desk, "i'm being asked to do this script and i could do with some help."

"why? you're really good at it yourself."

"hmm, no." he shakes his head in refusal, "i guess i could do with some idea's from any books or play's you've read before?"

hope made herself a bit more comfortable, ready to fall into a deep conversation in order to help out with the dreamSMP script, "okay, as long as you credit me." she smirked.

"i'll think about it."

they sat for a while and exchanged idea's whilst will typed everything down. the two blabbered on about tv shows, movies and books as a means of trying to write out some script. after some time, they decided to take a break as wilbur had draft written alongside many other points.

"wilbur, darling." she caught his attention.

"yes, hope?" he raised his eyebrows.

"play me a song." she grinned and pointed to his guitar, "please?" she asked politely.

"hmm." the boy narrowed his eyes at her, "why?"

she simply shrugged her shoulders, "not heard you sing for a while and work was pretty shitty and i'm not very well. you don't have to though."

"what do you want to hear? some new stuff or -"

"i don't mind." she smiled softly, "how about crywank? i like it when you do the cover of i am a familiar creak in your floorboards."

"yeah, alright." he lifted himself up from his seat, his long legs walking to grab his guitar.

a cheesy grin could not help but plaster itself across her lips, watching intently as he sat himself back down in the chair and tuned his guitar, "or you could do my favourite song that you cover."

"what? candy?" he asked, still concentrating.

"mhm." nodding her head slowly, she gazed as he plucked the strings, "i absolutely love that song."

"why do you love it so much?"

"reminds me of you." she shrugged, "i'd never heard it before i met you, but i'm glad you introduced it to me, it's definitely a favourite of mine."

"oh." wilbur felt his cheeks burn and turn a light tint of red, he instantly threw his head back down to concentrate on his guitar, praying that hope did not notice.

nuzzling the back of her head into the cushions, hope's cheeks began to ache just from smiling at wilbur, watching his focus on his guitar, him plucking the strings to make sure it was in tune. wilbur cleared his throat whilst checking he had the right cords, practicing a couple of times before finally getting into it.

wilbur always felt nervous singing around hope, he thought that she was much better than him when it came to singing and playing guitar, when in reality they were on the same level with one another. swallowing harshly, wilbur swivelled around in his chair so that he was not making direct eye contact with hope.

"i was perch -" he cleared his throat again, "i was perched outside in the pouring rain, trying to make myself a sail, then i'll float to you, my darlin' with the evening on my tail..."

hope beamed, eyes twinkling and she shuffled her body upwards. from the first time she heard wilbur sing the song to now, he had made so much improvement and she was in awe.

"darling, i'll bathe your skin, i'll even wash your clothes, just give me some candy, before i go..." wilbur was lost in the music, but his face instantly lit up when he heard hope humming along, but the sound emitting from her was not very pleasant due to her blocked nose.

"oh, darling, i'll kiss your eyes, lay you down on your rug, just give me some candy after my hug..."

a laugh fell from wilbur's mouth, still strumming the guitar, but he had lost all concentration, "you really don't sound well."

"i know," hope laughed and sniffled, "not ideal for singing or even humming along, is it?"

"no, but it's funny." he smirked, placing the guitar back down, "anyways, i did promise you a pizza."

"you did, but you don't have to."

"a treat, from me to you," he smiled, "because i feel sorry for you and i know i often say that fast food is bad, but it's a treat and you've also helped me a lot with this script."

hope simply hummed and hid herself beneath his covers, "okay, thank you."

wilbur cared a lot about hope. he cared about all of his friends, but hope was someone he held tightly under his wing no matter what. he always wanted to take care of her, be there for her and be someone to rectify her problems, even though he may not be much help. guy problems, stress about work, not feeling 100% like herself, he always wanted to understand her more no matter what the situation was and hope adored that about wilbur.

standing up from his chair, he stretched his entire body out before making his way over to the bed, "you look like someone who needs a hug." he sighed.

"hmm." hope's mumbles were muffled under the duvet, barely audible. wilbur's head cocked, bottom lip slightly pulled out as he stared at hope.

"i'm gonna give you a hug." he nodded his head confidently before diving on top of her, pushing all his weight onto her body and simply laid on top of her.

"wilbur!" hope exclaimed, fits of laughter falling from her lips, almost suffocated from his 'embrace' as he laid his head on her shoulder.

"what?" he questioned innocently, lifting his head up, "this is cuddling, right?" he smirked.

"yeah, will." she chuckled, "this is cuddling." she choked out before wrapping her arms around his body.

"yeah, thought so." his arms were by his side, body flat on her's, "it's quite comfy."

hope giggled whilst shaking her head, "well i'm glad you're comfy."

"don't worry, i am."