6 (part 2)

A/N: DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER if you haven't read the previous part

A/N: DO NOT READ THIS CHAPTER if you haven't read the previous part. THIS IS PART TWO OF CHAPTER SIX. Part one has been uploaded before this.
Don't forget to vote and comment! Enjoy reading<3

LYDIA'S POV:

My black; block-heeled boots clatter against the solid pavement as I walk next to Holly, who is currently endeavoring her sixteenth chocolate milkshake.

..the only reason I know the number is because I was forced to pay for it.

I watch as Holly walks freely in her plain Toms, her auburn hair flying along with the wind as she hums 'let it go' under her breath.

I pull my leather jacket closer. Honestly, leather jackets are hot and all but they barely help with the cold.

'Wanna go to Central Park?' I ask, my mind swarming with a million thoughts of what happened last week. I need someone's advice and Holly has been my closest friend ever since high school.

I wasn't ready to spill everything going on with me because that would make it all feel so much real, but I could do with some advice.

'Sure,' she replies with a radiant smile, slurping more milkshake.

As we reach the big rusty gates, we make our way to a nearby bench. The area was empty, probably because of the early hours and the extremely cold weather. The water from the fountain in front of us glistens in the bright sun as the pleasant sound of birds fills the air. The trees around us move with the wind, a blanket of snow covering their green leaves.

I've always loved nature. Just sitting and watching the leaves of trees ruffle in the peaceful breeze, brings unexplainable comfort.

The soft fluttering of the wind; the silent calls of the wild; the beautiful petals of colorful flowers; the roaring of waters when they hit the plains from a height; the cheerful chirping of the birds, it consoles and relaxes you. Nature listens to your problems without you even having to say them and replies wordlessly, filling you with immense warmth and bliss. The fact that plants are just as living as you makes you feel a little less lonely, like you always have a friend by your side. Nature heals you when you feel like you're beyond repair.