8

HOLLY'S POV:

HOLLY'S POV:

The sound of the engine dying ends our 4 hour 'short' ride and makes me look up from my phone.

In front of us, I spot large metal gates illuminated by the headlights of the car. I sigh in relief for three reasons.
1. Luke, the serial killer, didn't kill me.
2. My chocolate bar was securely placed in the pocket of my hoodie
3. I didn't end up in the middle of a zombie apocalypse.

'Welcome to my humble abode,' Luke says directing his eyes towards the front of the car.

'You live on a dirt road?' I answer faking curiosity.

He hands me a blank look.

Switching off the headlights he steps out of the car. Before closing the door he states, 'if you think I'm going to walk all the way to your side of the car and open the door for you then let me just tell you, you're delusional.'

'I was really looking forward to catching you off guard and kneeing you in the balls while you did that, but oh well,' I counter shrugging my shoulders.

I get out of the car, leaving the door open on purpose, and walk towards the metal gate.

Luke gives me a teasing glare as he closes the car door and makes his way next to me.

Pushing the heavy gates open, I enter the area and he follows.

The lack of light doesn't allow me to register much but the familiar stench and howls radiating from close by causes me to halt in my tracks.

Is that?...are those?...ANIMALS?!?

Holy crap this serial killer dude probably has some animal fetish and he's going to put me through a slow; painful death while he tortures cute; innocent puppies and cuts off their whiskers and-

'I don't have an animal fetish.'

Oh crap; I said that out loud, didn't I?

'Then why am I in a zoo? Oh wait shoot, do you live in a zoo? I mean I did notice the slight animalistic behavior but-'