The fall of the mighty

Izuku had only one plan as he waited for his match. To bring down the ego's of the hero course students.

Even the nice ones were full of themselves to some degree, congratulating him like his victories were unexpected or luck based.

He was glad he got pulled out by Shinso, who was slightly worried about his match. Izuku told him that Hatsume wasn't going to fight, instead she would "trick" him into using her support items like a showcase, before leaving the arena.

"Look, if she gets too annoying, ask her about her babies then make her walk out." Izuku said, only half jokingly. Shinso gave a little laugh, then responded "I could, but keeping my quirk a secret would be best, I won't stand a chance against someone like Todoroki otherwise."

He nodded, "That's true, I don't envy your matchups." Izuku stated matter-of-factly. Shinso gave him a weird look, then said "You do remember you have to fight Bakugo if he wins right?" "No, if we meet in the arena, it won't be a fight, I'll make sure it's a massacre..." The tone Izuku used was something very new from the green haired boy, and Shinso feared him a little more because of it.

"I'm Kacchan's greatest counter, I know all his moves, and how to beat them. He won't know what hit him!" There was a burning anger in those eyes, and Shinso didn't envy the Blonde haired boy at all, in that moment.

Izuku looked ready to kill.
———————————————————————————
Izuku watched, unafraid, as Hatsume and Shinso entered the arena. He knew exactly how it would play out, being proven right when Mei offered Hitoshi some of her support items, which he reluctantly took. If Izuku was honest, he was interested in learning about those support items, not just what they did but how they functioned. He hoped to ask Hatsume about it after.

Finally, feeling her showcase was complete, Hatsume jumped of the arena, forfeiting the match to Shinso, who just sighed and walked off. Hatsume was a good first round for Shinso, it meant he could continue without having to reveal his quirk of how it worked.

Izuku narrows his eyes slightly as he saw Ojito whispering to both Todoroki and Sero, the latter seeming more worried about his upcoming match than the information he was being given. Todoroki looked disinterested, but Izuku could clearly see him absorbing the information.

Now he was worried for Shinso.
———————————————————————————
Izuku glared at the massive glacier in front of him. Todoroki did not know how to hold back, or at the very least didn't this time.

That pissed Izuku off. If he wasn't going to hold back against a classmate, he definitely wouldn't against a villain, and probably go overboard a lot of the time. They didn't need another Endeavour roaming the streets. He just hoped Shinso would be able to get him somehow, otherwise it wasn't going to end well for Todoroki's hero career.

Izuku paid little attention to the third match, mainly plotting his plan to take down Iida. He noticed Kaminari release his attack, dumbing himself down and losing.

When it was all said and done, he was feeling quite confident, especially if he could get Iida to use his 'recipro burst' or whatever he called it. Izuku grinned, this was going to be fun.

Shinso was really beginning to get scared of that smile.
———————————————————————————
Izuku stared down the Iida son, waiting for him to make a move. He saw the flame burst forth from Iida's engines, and he dodged to the side, barely avoiding a sweeping kick that was aimed at his midriff.

He kept evading, always pirouetting to the left, forcing Iida to always swing with his right engine. He could see his opponent getting by his constant dodging, and he knew what was about to happen.

Iida spun away, before charging up his 'Recipro burst' and charging before Izuku. He stood, waiting about half a second, before sliding under the oncoming attack, leading to Iida running himself out of the arena.

Strategy had won the day.
———————————————————————————
Aizawa was impressed by his unofficial student. He knew Iida would be a hard opponent for him, being faster, stronger and heavier. But Izuku, never being one to disappoint, had formed a strategy to beat him. By making him use the same engine every time, it increased the strain on Iida, pushing him to try and finish the fight sooner. That, plus the use of the small size of the arena, meant Iida couldn't stop himself from running out of the marked area. All in all, Aizawa was reminded again why he decided to train Izuku.
———————————————————————————
Izuku watched intently, Shinso at his side, as Mina beat Aoyama, a bit disappointed in the blonde's performance.

He felt the same about Yaoyorozu's performance against Tokoyami. She didn't even seem to try and attack back, seemingly surprised when she found herself out. She needed to be able to think properly under stress.

He was definitely not surprised by the result of Kirishima and Tetsutetsu's match, shaking his head slightly at the absurdity of it, as Shinso tried to stifle his laughter next to him.

He found himself increasingly angry as he watched Bakugo and Uraraka fight. Surprisingly, his anger was not aimed at his blonde bully, but instead the crowd who was booing him. He'd probably laugh at the situation later on, but at the moment he was fuming in his seat as the crowd inadvertently insulted Uraraka by booing Kacchan for not going easy on her. She was a hero in training, for gods sake. Did they think villains were gonna go easy on her just because she was a girl. If they did, they needed a good smack on the head. The only thing that stopped him screaming was when Aizawa said exactly what he was thinking, quieting the crowd.

It's like they didn't even notice the rubble collecting above the battle.

Finally, Uraraka released her attack, trying to distract Bakugo so she could get him out of the arena. Izuku knew exactly what was coming next. Bakugo raised his hand and braced his wrist, before releasing his biggest explosion yet. Izuku noted that he still hadn't put his all into it, having seen Kacchan release bigger explosions when he got really angry.

He was glad that Bakugo had grown to respect Uraraka, and he was proud of her. Bakugo was a bad match up for most of the other contenders, and she had come close, her trick with the coat he thought was especially smart.

With the end of that match, the first round of matches was over.

Next round, Shinso vs Todoroki.

A/N so, this was a lot of work so I hope it was worth it. The next few battles are going to be explosive, in many meanings of the word. I hope you all enjoyed, and have a good weekend!