Into The Woods: Chapter 1

It was a cold and rainy night on the date of April 4th, 1994. A group of tight knit 18 year olds who call themselves 'SMUTCIV', had been planning their dream road trip to a far away cabin. It was located in a small town outside of Monteagle, Tennessee. They had arrived to this cabin thinking it was a cozy little cottage in the centre of a beautiful, green forest. They soon find out that something is not right about this place.
"Charlie! Can you grab my backpack!" Yelled Vanessa.
"I got it!" Almost plummeting to the ground Charlie hollers, "What do you have in here? 50 pounds of rock?"
"Oh leave her alone! If you were a girl you would understand," bickered Irene as she turned and giggle at Vanessa.
Charlie gave them both a sarcastic eye role, acting as if he was annoyed with the girls. The seven of them walked up the long, gravel driveway to the cabin. Tatum, the strong and cocky jock of the group, reached for the doorknob but it wouldn't turn the slightest bit.
"Move out of the way Tatum, I got this," squeaked Malachi.
"No offence Malachi, but you're a twig. There's no way you'll be able to-" Tatum paused in shock, seeing that Malachi was able to shimmy the handle open.
"Don't judge a book by it's cover" stated Irene.
"Thanks Irene," Malachi said with a smile.
Irene smiled back at him as her face got slightly rosy.
"Ooh does someone have a little crush on twiggy?" Whispered Uriah. Irene rolled her eyes and turned away so no one could see the huge smile on her pale face. The others had already gone inside and made themselves at home. They all sat bundled around a small, purple wax candle and started telling stories to each other.
"I remember this one time where Uriah-" giggled Irene.
"Hey! Hold it right there! I know where this is going and I won't let you-" before Uriah could finish her sentence the lights flickered then went out with a flash.
"Guys...what. Was. That?" said Malachi in a frightened voice. "Something just ran b-by the w-window..."