Chapter 2

"Malachi, you're just being delusional" Irene said with a shaky voice.
     "I'm telling the truth! Something ran past the window!" Yelled Malachi
     "Ok, ok, ok. We just need to calm down and stay quiet. If there is something out there, we need to stay silent so it won't find us." Uriah explained.
     "What did it look like? The thing you saw through the window" asked Serena curiously.
     "It was really tall and skinny. It had dark, almost charcoal black skin. And I could see something glowing in a bright red colour on its chest." Malachi explained.
     "That's crazy man" Tatum said sarcastically
     They sat huddled together, quivering against each other in fear. Time went by and the power was still out. It was now pitch black outside and raining harder than ever. Charlie spotted an open drawer of the small, wooden table beside the sofa. He leaned towards it. Carefully peaking inside. He saw something.
     "Guys, check this out" he whispered.
     "What is it Char?" Tatum questioned.
     "It looks like an old letter of some sort. T-There's something spilt on it..." exclaimed Charlie.
     They backed away from the drawer except for Tatum and Charlie. Charlie stood almost paralyzed by what he had seen, as Tatum stood behind him with a worried look on his face. Minutes went by and Charlie was now standing over the drawer with his hand covering his dry mouth. The others were beginning to worry, but they had no words.
     "Charlie? Can you hear me?" asked Vanessa nervously.
     Charlie kneeled still with the same expressing as his eyes started scanning the rest of the drawer.
     "I-I-I think we need to leave..." Charlie groaned hesitantly.