Chapter 3

Charlie stood as still and straight as a board. He didn't get scared easily, so they knew something was terribly wrong.
     "Charlie...tell us what you see" Malachi said nervously.
     "B-b-blood..." Charlie whimpered back.
      Charlie's biggest fear was blood. Every time he saw it he would freeze up until someone pulled him away. He stayed kneeling with his eyes locked on the red stains. Tatum slowly walked up to him, putting his big hands on his bony shoulders and turned him around. His eyes were almost bulging out of their sockets and were dryer than a desert.
     "Blink for me if you're okay Char" requested Tatum.
     Charlie tried to blink but it looked like he was struggling to bring his eyelids down. Vanessa ran quietly to him and wrapped her arms tightly around him and began to cry.
     "Nessa! What's wrong?" Serena gasped.
     "I-I've never seen him like this. The 13 years we've been friends. Never." She whimpered.
     "He'll be alright, Nessa. I promise" Irene confirmed.
     Vanessa stayed with her arms locked around him as she squeezed him harder while covering her mouth trying not to make noise.
     "Someone look in the drawer" whispered Uriah.
Irene stood up and creeped over to the drawer and cautiously leaned over. It was a letter. All wrinkled and ancient looking.
     "It's a letter of some sort. And there are blood splatters on the bottom..." gasped Irene.
     She used the tips of her fingers which were shaking vigorously. She covered her mouth and nose in hopes that it wouldn't smell. They saw her eyes moving across the page, reading as she nervously shook on her knees. Suddenly her eyes widen and she gasped.
     "What is it Irene? What does it say?" questioned Serena.
     "We've gotten ourselves into something bad...real bad" Irene exclaimed.