Chapter 18 - All Talked Out

Elian laughed for two minutes straight when I relayed my discussion with my mother over manicures. He was practically rolling back on the couch.

"It's not funny." I slapped his chest. "I was horrified. Those women just kept staring."

Elian wrapped his arms around me, stifling his laughter. "I'm sorry. It's not. It's just your face. You're so precious." He kissed my temple and snorted. "Sorry."

I pulled back and pushed the hair off my forehead with a grunt. "Then, she just says I should ask if you've been tested."

He wiped his eyes where he'd shed tears of laughter. "You mean like at a clinic?"

"Yeah," I said. "Can you believe that? How intrusive is that?"

"It's not like it's not something you should ask."

His wording confused me a little, and I wanted to make sure I'd understood him correctly, so I asked, "Are you agreeing with her?"

"Yes, Steven. You should know that stuff." He looked me in the eye, tilting his head. "Do you want to know?"

"Um, I guess. Yeah."

"I got tested a couple months before I came here. Clean bill of health. And you're the only person I've been with since then. I'm sure I can find the email if you want to see it."

I shook my head. "I trust you."

"You're lucky, Steven. She's only looking out for you."

"Can we stop talking about this now?"

"Sure. What do you want to talk about?"

"No more talking. I'm done talking. Just doing. Okay?"

In answer to my question, Elian gave me a kiss, running his fingers through my hair.

I leaned forward, throwing my leg over him as I gently pushed him back to lie on the couch. I broke away to remove my shirt. After I tugged on his shirt, he obliged and removed it, too. I doubted we'd go further than we had already, but I wanted as much of me to be touching as much of him as I could get.

I returned to his lips, sliding my hand between or bodies to find the button on his jeans.