Chapter 9

"Do you think you can help me with my receive (Y/n)-senpai?" Hinata asks as he tries to prepare his form. The first-year had practically sent himself into cardiac arrest as he messaged you Friday. He ran around the entire block after asking if you'd like to join him Saturday morning to practice. You were happy to oblige, not to mention impressed that he wanted to dedicate the time to practice. Hair tied up, as usual, you set your bag down as you arrive at the community gym.

As you turn away from the women playing on the court, your eyes widen as you see Kageyama there as well. No matter. If anything, he could help as you weren't any good at serves or spikes. You were a libero for a reason. Waving, you set your bag down as you arrive in your old gear.

"Glad you're here Kageyama! You'll be able to help me with Hinata's receiving." The boys look over at you and blush as they spot you in your old uniform. They thought you would appear in Karasuno's old track gear, but this was a pleasant surprise.

"O-Of course, that's why I came." Hinata glares at the taller boy, knowing that was a lie. The only reason he came was because Hinata had bragged. Now the taller boy was here, not wanting to waste his chance at spending time with you.

"Let's get set up over here, okay? I don't want to interrupt the ladies' team as they play." The three of you walk over to the corner of the gym, and you toss Kageyama the ball you brought with you. As Hinata gets in position, you hum as you watch him adjust himself. He could feel your stare and blushes.

"I-Is everything alright, senpai?"

"Do you mind if I fix your form?" You ask as you walk up to him.

"N-Not at all!" Grabbing his hands with yours, you help him lock out his arms and squat lower. "Make sure to have your feet a bit further apart, okay? I know I used a lot of technical terms last time and Yuu-san just uses noises, so I figured this method might be easier."

The boy nods, his heart warm to know that you were thinking about the best ways to help him. Tilting his head up with your hand (he was closer to you now that his knees were bent), you nod. "Alright Kageyama, go ahead and serve!" You call before stepping away.

The setter doesn't hesitate, going for a strong hit. You watch as Hinata stays in the same position, and the ball hits his forearms with somewhat decent control. You smile as Hinata cheers, happy to have done an excellent job. "Let's do that again!"

"Of course! We'll keep practicing until you can use that speed to receive as easily as you can spike. If we can get you to do a normal pass when you rotate to the back, you'll feel much more confident."

Kageyama couldn't help but smile internally at your helpful advice. Though he would have preferred if it was directed to him, your knowledge in defense was undoubtedly beneficial to him as well. "(Y/n)-senpai, I was wondering if you would like to eat after this."

Turning your head to the Blueberry™, you nod gratefully. "I would love to. Hinata, why don't you come with? If you can do a successful pass towards me in the setter's position, I'll buy us fruit!"

Hinata nods, excited to join in; not only that, but he gets to rub it in the setter's face. Kageyama was not as happy to have Hinata join. He was really hoping for it to be just the two of you, but he couldn't pass up on the opportunity of sharing fruit with you. He glares at Hinata, telling him not to mess this up. The decoy gulps, now feeling the pressure. You were completely unaware, staring at the women who played. They didn't have a libero, maybe in your free time you would practice with them.

"Say (Y/n), did you really come to Karasuno to get away from playing volleyball?" Kageyama asks as he serves another ball towards Hinata.

"I did. My injury wasn't severe, but I would have been out of commission for a while. I decided to cut my losses and stop playing. I've already made quite a name for myself, I'm sure I could end up doing something else if I wanted."