Chapter 12

Gameday was finally here. You could feel the tension, despite neither person on either team having played the other. Essentially, there was no need to be rivals anymore, but Karasuno's losing streak must have had them pumped. The entire way to the gym, Hinata had been jumping up and down with excitement.

Helping Kiyoko carry the bags that held the water bottles and towels, you turn towards the gym where both respective teams went into. You had yet to see Kenma and Kuroo, but you were anticipating the meeting. You hadn't seen them in a while—you missed the trips on the way to and from school.

"You're smiling." Kiyoko comments as the two of you walk together.

"Huh? Oh, I guess I'm excited for the game, that's all." You answer.

"Kenma! Y-You play for Nekoma?" Hinata asks, startled. Kenma lets out a noise of confirmation. Was it not that obvious?

"Why didn't you say anything?" No, it was not that obvious.

"You never asked." Kenma could not make eye contact, still a bit unsure on how to interact with the middle-blocker. He loved Hinata's energy, but the extrovert clashed with his introverted self.

"But you said 'see you later,' so you must have known something."

"Your t-shirt had 'Karasuno' on it." Kenma responds while his eyes search the area quickly, looking for you. Hinata had mentioned you were the manager of the team, so you had to be here somewhere.

"Hey, hey, hey! What business do you have with our setter?" Yamamoto asks, pulling out a 'gangsta' attitude.

Hinata panics, stepping back while he stutters out an apology. He bumps into someone, only turning around to see it was Tanaka sporting the same face.

"What about you? What business do you have with our first-year?" Tanaka throws the question right back at Nekoma's ace.

"What is it to you?" Yamamoto asks, completely forgetting Hinata as he steps up to Tanaka.

"You wanna fight, city boy?"

"We're about to play a match, you can do all the fighting there. And please stop saying city boy, it's embarrassing and disrespectful towards (Y/n)-chan." Sugawara reminds Tanaka.

"She's the exception..." Tanaka weakly argues.

"Yamamoto, stop trying to pick fights all the time. It makes you look stupid." Nekoma's libero, Yaku, tells the ace.

The two Team Moms™ walk up to one another, apologizing for their respective idiot. Both "delinquents" stood off in the corner of the entrance, brooding. With Tanaka's back facing both you and Kiyoko, he jolted as Yamamoto clutched his pearls—I mean heart— as he saw the two of you walking together.

"Female—Managers—Pretty." Nekoma's ace short-circuits, his face flushed as he looks at the two of you. He was screwed; Karasuno didn't just have one female manager, but two, and both were gorgeous. The underclassmen were happy, getting to see two beautiful girls today AND food from Yamamoto later on. Maybe they would pressure Yamamoto to get them two Yakisoba buns each given there were two female managers for Karasuno.

Kiyoko nods her head at Yamamoto, and you turn your head to look. Your eyes widen as you see Kenma, and you quickly excuse yourself before rushing over.

"Kenma!" You shout, excited to see your friend. Yamamoto begins to malfunction further, a common side effect for those around you. He couldn't take it, seeing you come up to him (really to Kenma). Giving a look to Tanaka with teary eyes, he wraps his arms around himself before fleeing, unable to process the luckiness of Karasuno.