"You jerk!" Sing smacked Lux over the head and was complaining about how she's been missing all of his calls and not showing up to check over his work at lunch. Lux made up the excuse how she had been falling behind in her studies but he wasn't buying it.

The truth is, during lunch Lux would go to the art room (which was always almost abandoned) and talk to Shorter over the phone for the entire period. At first it was just texting during lunch which annoyed Sing to no end since she wasn't focused on correcting his homework mistakes. Then the texts turned into calls at lunch, which turned into late night phone calls as well. Meaning Lux always declined Sing's calls when he needed help on his work.

"I'm sorry, Sing!" Lux slapped her hands together begging for him to accept the apology. "I've been really busy with all of my AP classes and I'm just overwhelmed." What she was saying wasn't a complete lie, which was why she didn't feel too bad about stretching the truth. "I promise I'll help you tonight. I swear."

"No need." He pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his back pocket. "Check this out!" He grinned widely as he showed off his latest math test that had a 98 circled at the top in blue ink. Lux was so proud of him that she couldn't help the shriek of excitement bursting from her mouth as she wrapped her arms tightly around him. Sing had to pry her off since they started getting weird stares. "I guess I can't be too mad at you. Since I've been on my own for these past few days, I've had no choice but to figure this crap out on my own."

"This makes me so happy. We should celebrate!"

Sing tilted his head not knowing what the big deal was. It's not like he won the noble prize or anything. "What for?"

"This is a huge accomplishment! What's your favorite thing to eat? I'll make you dinner as my form of an apology for standing you up, and I'll buy you dessert as a reward for doing good in your classes." Sing just blinked. "What?"

"Uh nothing." He scratched the back of his head, "Nobodies ever really cared enough about me to do something nice like that." Lux could tell that Sing had a lot of potential to do great things. He just needed a push in the right direction and she was honored to be that force. "Ummm, I like spaghetti. With giant meat balls."

She thought back to the items in the pantry to see if she was missing any ingredients. Lucky for her, her parents had just loaded up with food before they left for a few days on a business trip. She was all set. "Alright. You can drop by my place at around 6. Is that good?"

"Are you sure your parents won't mind? I thought there were no boys allowed in your house."

"Did I not tell you? They're gonna be gone for a week."

"Ah, sneaky. I like it. Well then, guess I'll see you then." He gently patted her arm, "Oh and um, thanks Lux. You're the best."

It could have just been the lighting but she could have sworn she saw Sing's cheeks turn a light shade of pink. It was cute.
______________________
"Wow, you're a really good cook!" Sing complemented as he slurped up the remaining noodles in his bowl. "This is so much better than Shorter's Chinese food."

That name instantly got Lux's attention, "He cooks?"

"All the time. Don't get me wrong, it's good but if I eat another bowl of fried rice imma puke."

She giggled at that comment before thinking about what it would be like cooking together with Shorter. The innocent fantasy brought a tiny smile to her face. Sing noticed her spacing off like an idiot and threw a piece of garlic bread to snap her out of it. "Oh sorry!" She jumped, "I zoned out for a sec."

"I can tell. What's on your mind?"

"Nobody."

He raised an eyebrow as he took a sip of his soda. "Interesting." Sing wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, "I said what not who."