King of Chinatown Part1 & Part 2

Part 1 (Flashback)

Shorter had many connections in New York City. That's what you get by being the King of Chinatown after all and the leader of the Chinese Mafia. He had all types of people in his back pocket at his disposal. Including the police.

"What happened?" Shorter and the police Sargent, Voight, met up at a disclosed area to speak on the events that had just occurred.

Sargent Voight held out a pistol that was sealed in an evidence bag. "Found this in Sing Soo-Ling's locker."

"Shit." Shorter scrapped his hand through his hair.

"Some students reported that he had a knife on him. This was in plain sight when I checked his locker." The Sargent explained.

"That gun traces back to Black Sabbath." Shorter admitted what Voight already knew. Black Sabbath, was a gang that ran Harlem. They specialized in running firearms which the Chinese Mafia and Ash's gang bought from.

"You're lucky I found this before anyone else showed up." The Sargent tossed the bag over to Shorter. "Your guy was just expelled for having a knife on him. That I can't make go away."

"That's fine. Just as long as he doesn't do jail time."

"I talked to the schools superintendent. She said he can reenroll next year if he spends a minimum of 6 months in a detention center."

After Sheriff Sheng was put out of Duty, Sargent Hank Voight took it upon himself to run the city how he saw fit. There were four major gangs he had to worry about. The Chinese Mafia, Ash Lynx's gang, Black Sabbath, and the merging between The Corsican Mafia and Fredrick Arthur's crew.

In order to refrain from new small time gangs from forming, and starting unwarranted violence in the streets, Voight made it clear to these 4 Pillars in the Underworld to eradicate them before the city was the battleground for a terf war. If they obliged, then he would turn a blind eye to their illegal activities just as long as innocents weren't being harmed. Truth was, he could care less if these gangs killed each other off. It made his job easier.

"I don't think that'll be happening but thanks." Shorter tucked the gun away in the inside of his jacket. "Lao pick him up?"

"Mhm. I'll worry about the paper work and my boss. Make sure this doesn't happen again." He warned. Shorter began to walk away until Voight spoke up again. "I mean it, Wong. Things are only going to get harder from here on out with Sheriff Sheng back. I can only look out for you boys so much."

Shorter turned, standing toe to toe with Voight. "Here's what I need you to understand, Sarg. I don't like cops. And it disgusts all of us that we're even associated with one. I don't need to rely on you to look out from me or my crew. Because you need me more than I need you. Got that?"

"Mhm." Sarg uncaringly hummed. "Oh before you go. I should give yuh a heads up. One of my officers just made detective. Wydell. He came up with Sheng in the academy. It's safe to assume that he has his own task force to look into your crew and those associated with you. Just be mindful on who you're talking to, Wong. Never know who's watching." His words trailed off as he got into his black SUV.

Since Sheng has been back, Shorter made it clear to his gang to stay out of as much trouble as possible. That meant no fake IDs for booze, no smoking pot or being on whatever other drugs while out on the streets, no boosting cars for late night races, no more  anything. They were currently under a microscope and couldn't give the police any type of reason to arrest them.
___________________
-Chang Dai Restaurant-

"Look who finally decided to show up for a shift." Nadia called out with a hand on her hip.

"Don't get too excited. I'm not here to clock in." Shorter passed his older sister and signaled for her to meet him in the room behind the kitchen. Shorter walked to the back, greeting the cooks and servers as Nadia followed not too far behind.