𝟎𝟎𝟓. twinky, the house-elf

❝ twinky, the house-elf ! ❞

twinky, the house-elf !

First day of Hogwarts did not go well, as Euphemia wanted it to be. She was already late to even eat breakfast. Lavender and Parvati helped her out with her hair. Her hair was still looking like a bush, except now, it was in two small moon buns. She ran down the staircase, finding it difficult to go where.

Hogwarts was like a maze within a maze within another maze. It was impossible to get to class without a map. All her classmates had left for breakfast, while she was taking out her books. Huffing and puffing, she somehow landed in the dungeons. She looked around, trying to find the transfiguration class. McGonagall was going to murder her. Or maybe she was going to get expelled!

Euphemia tilted her head as a small, creature came back with a sheaf of wheat.

"Oh, Miss!" They squeaked, "Twinky didn't know Miss was here!"

"Hello," said Euphemia unsure, "who are you?"

"Twinky Miss," green eyes popped out wide, "Twinky works in the kitchens, Miss."

"Oh," Euphemia frowned. "Twinky, if you don't mind me asking—"

"Oh, Twinky would never Miss—"

"—what are you?"

"I'm a house-elf, Miss." They smiled brightly, "what can I get Miss. Water, cookies, oh! We just made apple pie!"

"Oh no, Twinky it's fine," said Euphemia softly, "could you, maybe not call me Miss, please. Mia is just fine."

"Mia." Twinky nodded, "how can I help Mia?"

"I had to get to the transfiguration class," Euphemia grabbed her books tightly, "but, of course, I'm really late and—"

"Mia needn't worry," Twinky held out a hand, "hold my hand, Miss Mia. Twinky will take you to transfiguration."

Euphemia held Twinky's hand, and Twinky snapped their fingers. Euphemia gasped as her eyes opened and were in front of the transfiguration room.

"Thank you Twinky," she hugged the small elf and they whimpered.

"No one has ever hugged Twinky before," Twinky wept, "oh Miss Mia is kind!"

Before going inside, she turned around, "Twinky where exactly are the kitchens?"

"Miss in the dungeons," said Twinky, "near Hufflepuffs common room. There's a  painting of a fruit bowl. You just have to tickle the pear."

"The pear?"

Twinky nodded.

"Then I think I'll be seeing you soon Twinky," she winked, "also, don't call me Miss."

She went ahead and entered the classroom. Everyone had already started their classwork. In front, a tabby cat sat in the middle of the table, observing each and every student. Euphemia sighed in relief and sat next to Leo.