𝟎𝟎𝟖. happy harryween

❝ happy harryween ! ❞

happy harryween !

The last week of October had been rough for Euphemia. With more and more homework and essays piling on her, she also needed to revise each subject for the upcoming tests. Lavender and Parvati would just mingle on their own, and Hermione, though had been much kinder towards her, still did not help much towards her homework.

That left her with the boys, who hadn't even started yet, well all except Leo. Leo had finished his essays a week before, though didn't share them with anyone. Sam and Regulas were on their last essay and tried to help her with a few points. Harry had yet to start his essays and Ron had forgotten it even existed. Seamus and Dean were already behind and were helping Neville alongside.

Euphemia sat in the library as Edward rummaged through her recent essay. He'd check it, and let her know what to add and what more to explain to complete the roll. Euphemia had earlier thought that Edward would just write it for her. Clearly, she was wrong and had to do double the effort.

"Oh, and you should also add in another example," Edward shuffled around, "it might give you extra points."

"What! I just added two!"

"Well then add another one!"

   Euphemia banged her head against the table. "I'm done with homework!"

Euphemia thanked Merlin when she found out there was a holiday on Halloween. She needed her sleep and in all honesty, she was also dreading this day. Halloween was never really fun for Euphemia. Considering she got to know more about their parents and the events that occurred on this day, she just didn't know what to expect. For all she knew, she could have had a happy family, if not for Voldemort. She could have loads of uncles and aunts, like the others. She and Harry could have known each other. Everything could have been different.

Entering the great hall, she noticed Harry laughing his arse off with the boys. She felt a pang in her chest and scurried off the hall, hoping no one saw her. She sprinted towards the quidditch field and sat near the benchers.

She missed them. She never knew her parents, yet she missed them. Why was that? How was Harry not upset? A part of her was feeling selfish, making everything about herself once again. Tears rolled down her cheeks as her nose reddened.

"You alright?" Euphemia swung her head and noticed the quidditch captain, Oliver Wood behind her along with his quidditch supplies, looking worried.

"It's Eupho-mia right?" he asked.

"Euphemia," she corrected him, "You can call me Mia."

"Mia, mind if I sit next to you?" She nodded.

"Are you alright?" He asked. She nodded slightly.

Oliver sighed, "Well, nothing is ever really alright, now is it?"