Ch.3

Ch.3

Aizawa stepped into the office swiftly, you watching him as he did so. Despite it only taking him a few seconds, in your current state, you couldn't help but feel as if it was minutes. Your emotional state would not hold together much longer, so you closed the door and went back to your desk. You just had to get through this. If you could do that... then you would be golden.

"Busy day?" You tried some small talk.

Aizawa hummed, nodding slowly. "It's that point in the year where they are all a bit too comfortable. So, there is no telling when the next incident will occur."

You chuckled. "Well there have been no expelled students thanks to you this year. Have you come to really like the class you have?"

Aizawa looked at you with a tired look. "More like I feel like I need to watch this group more than others..."

"They must be really something special then." You smirked, and then pulled out a pile of papers. "Speaking of your students, here are the notes and files from the ones I saw today. You had... around three of your students come to see me today, right?"

Aizawa nodded, taking the papers from you. You watched him, waiting for him to get up and thank you for the information as he usually did. But when he instead continued to sit and slowly thumb through the files, you could feel a bead of sweat escaping down your neck.

Why was he not getting up to leave? Why was he just sitting here and reading? The man never did this! He was usually the type to get out of your hair as quickly as possible because he knew how busy being a hero and a teacher was!

"I hope you don't mind me staying for a bit longer then usual." Aizawa spoke suddenly. "I wanted to ask a few questions about a certain student you saw today."

You inhaled sharply, seeing as he was looking directly at you now. You pulled on a forced smile and nodded your head. Aizawa rose a brow at your reaction, but didn't press. He had felt you staring at him, as if confused why he reamined. So, he assumed you were just exhausted after today and waiting to go home. That he could certainly understand.

"Midoriya Izuku has seen you every day this week, right?" Aizawa spoke and you nodded. "How is he doing... since-"

You shook your head, telling the man that he didn't need to elaborate. You knew of the incident, or rather incidents that had occured recently. The Nine Precepts of Death had left an impact on all the students who had the displeasure of being involved, but it was clear Midoriya Izuku might have suffered the most.

The students lost his mentor, watched his senpai lose his quirk, saw his friends get injured, and nearly died from both his fight with Chisaki Kai and trying to save Eri.

You had made sure that he was seeing you every day to talk about what happened until you felt he was fine. But a month later and he was still seeing you. It wasn't because he was depressed or disappointed in himself though, but rather that you knew of all the trauma he in particular had gone through this year. So... you had started seeing him to try and get the full picture.

How someone so young could manage to deal with so much and still keep moving forward was amazing to you. In a way, it made you jealous because you couldn't even deal with your own emotions at times. Yet, he was and he was trying his best every day.

(Name)?" Aizawa's voice broke through your thoughts and your head snapped upwards.

"H-huh?" You mumbled, looking at Aizawa.

The man looked at you in surprise for a moment and then narrowed his gaze. You stiffened, wondering what happened that made him react like that. The answer to your question didn't wait long to arrive though, as you could feel liquid running down your cheeks rapidly.