Ch.7

Ch.7

You inhaled deeply once more, looking toward yourself in the mirror. Your hair was done, makeup on, a smile on your face, and clothing professional. It was a major change from the pathetic slob you had been the last two weeks. But today, you were returning to work. Returning to UA. Returning to counseling.

With one final nod to yourself, you started off to your workplace. You were still not one hundred percent back together, but UA needed you and so, you'd do your best to be there when you were needed.

The journey to UA was as usual: you walked to the station, got on a line, transferred to another line, and then walked the fifteen minutes uphill to the school. It took you an hour to get there, and you found yourself envying the students who lived in the dorms. They could wake up ten minutes before class started... lucky kids.

You entered the building and made your way up to the teacher's office. Upon opening the door, you were greeted with a loud voice.

"Oh! Look who finally shows up! Done playing hooky?" Hizashi chuckled, waving to you from where he sat at his desk.

You chuckled in embarrassment and nodded. "It was getting boring at home, nursing my injuries... so I thought I'd come back to see the students pick on your fashion choices again."

You smirked as you walked past the teacher, noticing the hurt expression on his face. A few of the other teachers around you and Hizashi snickered but didn't add fuel to the fire. Hizashi sighed, looking at you from where you were clocking in.

"Hey! Jean jackets are coming back! Just you wait!" He told you.

"Sure." You laughed and then picked up the papers that had been dropped into your box.

You sure missed a lot, seeing all the notices and requests for meetings you had gotten. But then again, it had been two weeks... so of course, you'd be swamped. You only sighed at the work you'd no doubt be doing on all your breaks for a good few days and then started to make your way to the door.

Your office was on the floor above and you thought you'd do better if you were there and away from anything that could stimulate the fragile state you were attempting to mask. As you reached to open the door though, someone opened it from the other side.

You blinked as your eyes met Aizawa's own. The man himself surprised to see you. He looked as tired as usual and was carrying his sleeping bag with him. You gave him a smile and a 'good morning' before carrying on your way.

"Good to see you're back." Aizawa spoke out to you, making you pause and turn to look at him again.

"I couldn't exactly stay injured forever!" You laughed.

"Well... I hope you're feeling better beyond the injuries." Aizawa commented and entered the teacher's office.

You blinked as he disappeared from your sight. You inhaled a staggered breath and then carried on your way. But despite how you walked calmly and quietly, you didn't feel that way internally.

Did Aizawa know something? There was no way! You had never broken down in front of him! He must have just been making one of those slightly invasive comments he's known for at times!

You settled on that thought as you opened the door to your office and took it in. It had been a while, but time to get back to work. You spent the remaining time before class setting up your day's appointments. Looks like you'd have twelve today.

Thus, your return to work began. The first half of your morning was to talk to the six girls who had been in your group during the attack. Apparently, each wanted to check in on you, and you wanted to make sure they were each fine as well. Especially after the dreams you had been having.