Ch.6

Ch.6

(AN- Mentions of suicide and suicide attempts in this chapter. Also mentions of someone having a negative view of anti-depressants. Please keep in mind that I personally support the taking of anti-depressants and do so myself, but what is being discussed here is how the reader character sees this, and thus her outlook is broken and skewed. Thanks)

You heaved, looking around you and shaking your head. How did things end up like this? It was supposed to be a relaxing trip to Hakone! But now... there was danger and you failed to protect those you had promised to protect!

You fell to your knees, the skin smeared in blood. Some your own, but most of it blood from the girls who laid out before you. Each one had fallen thanks to your own weakness. You were their teacher, so why didn't you protect them?

"What kind of pro-hero leaves the fighting to children?" The thug leader chuckled. "Pathetic."

"She's not just a failed hero, but a failed teacher too." Aizawa spoke, coming out of nowhere and managing to take down all the thugs by himself and without a quirk.

Your eyes quivered and you shook your head. No! You didn't mean to! You told them to leave this to you and get help! Not to stay here and fight! You were going to project them, and every civilian who had been forced into this situation!

"Why, sensei?" Jirou spoke, tears in her eyes.

"Why, sensei?" Shiozaki's brow narrowed.

"Why, sensei?" Yaoyorozu bit her lip in frustration.

"Why, sensei?" Kendou asked desperately.

"Why, sensei?" Hagakure spoke, only her blood visible on her.

"Why, sensei?" Yui hiccuped, crying harshly.

Your breathing started to pick up and your legs were desperate to run. Your eyes widened as they frantically looked around from fallen student to Aizawa to the thugs.

"I-I didn't mean to! I-I was going tp protect you all!!" You spoke, voice cracking.

"Liar!" They all started shouting. "You are a liar!"

The spirit-breaking comments started soon after that, and you crouched down onto your knees. Your hands covering your ears and trying to block the voices out. But it was no use, they were too loud, too angry, too right.

"You'll never make a good hero anyway." He spoke disapprovingly.

"So why bother doing all the work for something that won't work out?" Her voice agreed with his.

It was all too much for you. You just wanted to make someone proud of you and not regret your own decisions.

~~~

Your eyes widened, allowing a stream of light to enter directly into them. The brightness burned and you groaned. You turned, pulling the blankets back over your face and taking in a deep breath.

How did any sunlight even get into your room? You had shut the blinds several days ago and had made sure to keep them that way. Yet, sunlight was coming in. You peeked out and sighed. The window you often kept open to allow fresh air in was the culprit it seemed.

How did you know? Well when the air would come in like a gust of wind, the curtains would blow outwards and allow sunlight to enter the space. It seemed that the weather was rather gusty today, which caused the wind in the first place.