Ch.20 (Finale)

Ch.20 (Finale)

"Christmas?" Eri looked at you curiously.

"Yeah! Its a holiday!" You continued to explain to her while you decorated your office a bit for the festive time of year. "People eat lots of good foods and drink lots of good drinks! They sing songs, play in the snow, and give each other presents!"

"Presents?" Eri's eyes widened.

You hummed in confirmation. "Yup! Though there is one very special person who you need to make sure you are on your best behavior for!"

"Who?" Eri was officially hooked into what you were telling her.

"He's called Santa Claus. He delivers presents to every good kid every year. So long as you've been good and kind... he'll bring you gifts." You smiled as she looked excited by this.

"He brings present?!"

"Yes! But only to good kids. And you Eri... have been a great kid!" You told her and she bounced up and down slightly.

"Wait... how does he deliver to every kid around the world?" Eri frowned. "There are a lot of kids and it doesn't seem like a lot of time..."

"It's because of his quirk!" You continued to tell her. "Santa only comes at night when you are sleeping and leaves you presents. His quirk lets him be able to do all this so long as the person he's delivering to has the belief of the holidays and goodness in their hearts. So long as you believe Eri, you'll be able to let Santa use his quirk at his most powerful."

"I'll believe so so much then!" Eri told you. "I'll make sure Santa has enough belief that he doesn't have to worry about his quirk not working!!"

"I'm sure he'll be very thankful for that." You told her and looked at the cute little items she was coloring.

She had come up to have lunch with you and since you didn't have any appointments with students during the first two hours after lunch, you had invited Eri to stay and help you decorate for the holiday. You loved the holidays. Not so much the meaning behind them, but more so that there were always good spirits from not only yourself but all those around you. It was a special time of year and you loved to throw yourself into the most common and cliche traditions of the winter holidays from any and everywhere.

Eri had never had a Christmas before, but it seemed that Aizawa and a few of her 'older siblings' were trying to change that. So, it looked like the requests from several students across campus to decorate their dorms had been approved. You just hoped none of them accidentally set anything, like the Christmas tree, on fire thanks to the typical teenage antics.

"Deku-kun said his class is having a Secret Santa." Eri smiled widely. "Now I know what that is cause I know what Santa is!"

"Well, a Secret Santa is where you draw someone's name and get a gift for them. You put the gift on a table and the person tries to guess who's gift is from who. But, I think Aizawa said that was too complicated for his class, so they are buying general gifts, tying strings to them and everyone is gonna tug a string and see what they end up with."

"Oh!" Eri nodded to you. "Well... can we make cookies?!"

"Cookies?"

"Hm! I want to bring the big kids something yummy!"

You chuckled and nodded your head. "Sure. We can make cookies, Eri-chan."

If Eri could get any more excited for the holidays, she certainly just did with that promise right there. You handed her the cute little drawings she did with a roll of tape and motioned for her to put up her handmade decorations herself.