Prologue

Post Story Y/N: I remember when I first worked at the palace, I would get these weird flashes of déjà vu when I looked at him, when I looked at Jake. Something about him, something in the way he looked at me made me feel like I've known him forever. To be honest I think I did know him before I actually knew him.

My biological mother died when I was two years of age. She also was a maid, just like the mother who adopted me. It was traumatising as a child to see my own mother die right before my eyes. It happened in the basement of the palace, she was cleaning the floors when I looked away, and then the next thing I heard was a thump on the ground. I then turned to see my mother dead on the floor. It was heartbreaking.

My tears flooded like rivers and I was choking up on my words to call for help. Luckily enough, someone came to my assistance for once. I was confused when I saw who it was; a young boy, the same height as I was. We looked at each other for a couple seconds until he took my hand and lead me towards who I called "mummy's boss". She looked at me with her intimidating eyes as I pointed down the stairs.

We led her down to the basement where I found my mother. When the queen saw her, she had nothing but a cold expression on her face. She then clicked her fingers and the next thing I knew a man in a suit took me away to carriage. I didn't know what was going on but the last thing I saw was the little boy. At first, I saw worry in his eyes when I was about to leave, but at second glance, past the face I saw kindness in his heart.

I was then taken away to an orphanage where three years later I was adopted by my lovely new mother. The only thing I know about that boy is that he was one of the seven princes, When my old mother still worked there I saw them occasionally but we didn't talk. For many years I longed to know who that boy was, and if I would ever find him again.