Chapter 1: A New Opportunity

I stand at the sink as I do every afternoon and clean the dishes as I wait for my mother to come home. She said she'll be home in about 10 minutes but as usual, she's late, but I understand. Life in a small busy village is rough, I couldn't possibly imagine what her way home would be like right now. As I'm lost in thought I hear a creaky wooden door swing open and heavy footsteps rushing towards the kitchen. I see my mother with a letter in her hand, it seems to be sealed with a red candle wax stamp so I realise this must be important.

Mother: You would not believe what I just picked up at the post office.

I rushed over to her and watch her open the letter. I was very intrigued by the design of the letter, it seems very formal and was embellished with intricate designs. She opened it and read it aloud.

Mother: *clears throat* Dear Lee Ji-eun and Lee      Y/N, We are writing to you to ask of your assistance to help with the serving of Kim Chung-ha and her princes at the palace of Enhiland. We have seen your very impressive reports and ratings and we would be glad to offer you an opportunity to work at our palace.

My eyes widen as I try to process this news in my head. To work, AT A PALACE!? This is our dream, we have worked for so long towards this job and now we have the chance, right at our fingertips!

Y/N: *gasp* Wait, really?! This is incredible news! I can hardly wait! Oh my, Enhiland does seem to be very far from here in Belifton. And we need to start tomorrow?! How are we ever going to get there in ti-

Just as I was about to finish my question, I hear the sound of clapping hooves on the pebble pavement get closer and closer to my house. A couple seconds later, I hear wooden wheels coming to a halt. I pull away the curtains of my kitchen window and see a carriage with two horses outside my front door step.

Mother: *opens door* Does this answer your question dear?

I stand there in shock as I look upon the carriage that is presented before me.

Y/N: Good heavens, I can't believe it! Is this really how we are going to be getting there?

Mother: Well would you rather walk? *chuckles* Now go to your room and pack, we have a big trip ahead of us.

I run energetically run to my room and eagerly pack my suitcase with all my needs: clothes, shoes, socks, hairbrush, toothbrush and toothpaste. Not long after, my mother shows up at my door with a coathanger and a white dress.

Mother: Oh yes, I forgot to mention, we have a uniform now so put this on before you leave.

I take a glance at the dress. It's a long white dress that isn't too formal, then again it's very practical. It's beautiful, it's perfect. ⬇️

It feels so light and puffy like a marshmallow

It feels so light and puffy like a marshmallow. I quickly grab my case and run downstairs to meet my mother who is talking to the Coachman. I do say he looks very young to be a coachman.

Coachman: Believably I assume that you are Lee Ji-eun?

Mother: Yes of course, and this is my daughter, Lee Y/N.

Coachman: Pleasure to make your acquaintance. I am Daniel, the Queens Coachman.

Y/N: It's a pleasure to meet you Daniel.

Daniel opens the carriage for us and gestures us to go inside. He then closes the door and sits back upon his chair. The next thing I know we are off towards the Palace of Enhiland. I can't believe we are about to start a new life, a new opportunity, a new beginning. I can hardly wait!

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry for not being able to post earlier, school has been driving me nuts. Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy, and if you guys have any, ideas or constructive criticism you would like to give me, I am very open to your opinion. Please keep supporting my work as I will gladly continue working on this. ✨