20- A Bed Of Roses

"The Queen? She is a vampire too, is she not?" Kylo asked as the warmth of the candles reached him.

"Yes," Vincent admitted.

The corners of Kylo's lips curled in a faint smile. "The eternal Queen."

"We are eternal, angel. Yes. Marillia and I will never die."

Kylo's dark eyes rose to meet Vincent's. "Does it get lonely?"

With a melancholy nod, Vincent whispered a yes.

"And the ladies-in-waiting? What are they?"

"They belong to Marillia. They are called thralls."

"I...saw them," Kylo said softly as if sharing a secret, "I thought it was a dream. They came to me and –"

Vincent interrupted, "I know what they did."

The image of the winged man with the horns flashed in Kylo's mind. The figure had been angry with the women but gentle with him. "You told them to leave."

"They acted foolishly. They did not know my heart belonged to you but they will never bother you again. But do not fear them, they are harmless. Before they became thralls they were Marillia's lovers. They come here sometimes...keep me company. I share their blood but I do not share their affections nor their bed."

"And now you have me," Kylo smiled.

"A precious gift," replied Vincent as he pulled Kylo close.

"But it is only one of many." Pulling back, Kylo slipped out of the lord's embrace and gave him an impish smile. "Meet me in your roses in ten minutes."

The moon lay a sliver in the sky. Sparkles of light flickered from an abundance of stars. It had been a clear day, it would be a clear night.

Vincent made his way through the labyrinth of flowers. Every rose bowed to him. The air was perfumed. As he walked deeper and deeper, Vincent sensed he was not alone. Kylo's familiar scent pulled him closer.

"My heart is now yours," Kylo said upon seeing the lord. "I will not leave you."

Vincent saw Kylo was standing upon a scatter of blood-red rose petals. His heart began to beat loudly. Touching his palm to it, Vincent felt the blissful sensation.

"Do you still want to see me laying in a bed of petals?" Kylo asked as he began to unbutton his lacy top. "As you had stated not so long before? Soft-skinned and pale among a bed of red?"

Vincent's gaze lingered to the thin patch of skin being exposed as Kylo undid all the buttons. His words took flight and fluttered to the moon above. "Yes, you have no idea how badly I do."

Pulling his shirt off, Kylo dropped it on the petals. He reached for Vincent and pulled him near. "Neither of us needs to be lonely again," he whispered against the lord's ear.

"Are you certain?"

"With all my heart." Stepping back, Kylo pulled Vincent down to the rose petals.

Laying on a bed of velvet, the lord hovered over Kylo, his fingers weaving through long, dark strands. "Forever?" he asked as his lips inched over Kylo's lips before trailing down to his neck.

"Forever," Kylo replied as he felt needle-fine teeth dig into his skin.

In the dark of night, the roses watched on. Venice slumbered and a haunting serenade ebbed from the sanctuary of the garden, a song made for a vampire and his Cinder-boy.  

words: 525
total words: 18273

                                                                                        THE END 

UPDATE Oct. 17, 2021- A sequel, The Angel And The Vampire, is here so make sure you follow me for updates! 

 17, 2021- A sequel, The Angel And The Vampire, is here so make sure you follow me for updates!