ch. 3

I stared up in shock at Liam.  His big brown eyes stared nervously down at me.  I gulped and looked around, relaxing when I didn't see any signs of him.  I looked back  towards my former best mate and he smiled slightly.  When I smiled back he grinned at me.

"Mind if I sit down?"  I shook my head and he sat down in Louis' seat.  "What are you doing in London?"

"I live here now.  You?"  I looked towards the toilets but thankfully didn't see Louis.

"I'm here with the boys.  We might be moving in somewhere around here soon.  So who's that guy you're here with?"  Liam looked a bit hesitant when asking that question but i didn't mention it to him.

"That's Louis, my best mate."  I saw Liam flinch a bit when i calledd him my best mate, but that's what he gets for siding with my ex.  That's what he gets for abandoning me during my time of need.

"So he's not your boyfriend?"  He sounded a bit relieved and I frowned in confusion.  He seemed to realize what he said and his eyes widenedd as if it had slipped out unintentionally.

"No, I don't have a boyfriend."  Liam smiled happily at me.

"Oh, that's good."

"It is?"  I frowned and cocked my head to the side.

"Oh...umm....I just meant..."

"Spit it out, Li."  I snapped at him.

"Harry really misses you.  He loves you, Ni, he really does.  I know you probably don't believe me, but I swear it's true.  He hasn't been the same since you guys broke up!  Please believe me."

I met Liam's desperate eyes and felt tears begin to form but i blinked them back.  I was done crying over Harry.  "Then he shouldn't have left.  He made his choice, and it wasn't me."

"Niall, please believe me.  Harry didn't want to break up with you!  He just-"

"I already got this speech three years ago, Liam.  I don't really need a repeat."  I glared at the table.

"Ni-"

"Umm, hi?"  I heard a high pitched voice and looked up to see Louis staring at Liam in awe.

Liam looked up and behind his glasses-which he had put back on sometime during or conversation-his eyes widened in surprise.  "H-hi."

I smirked.  Looks like someone had a crush on Louis.  "Liam, this is my mate Louis.  Louis, this is my best mate from when we were kids, Liam."

Louis gaped at me.  "You know Liam Payne?  And you never felt the need to tell me?"

I shrugged at him, slightly confused.  Louis fell dramatically into the booth, falling on Liam a bit, clutching his heart.  I laughed at his overreaction and Liam smiled uncertainly.  Louis then seemed to realize the position he was in and scrambled out of Liam's lap, his face going pink.

"So, Louis, i sense you're a fan?"  Liam smiled sheepishly.

"What?"  I frowned in confusion.

"Of course!  You guys arre amazing.  I make Niall listen to your songs with me.  We can sing each one."  Louis smiled smugly.

"Yeah, i heard you singing our song earlier. I was really surprised.  I mean, I knew Niall could sing, and he's amazing, but you were insanely good!"

"Wait, your song?"  I was too much in shock to realize Liam had said Louis' voice was better than mine.  I didn't really care though.  They both continued to ignore me.

Louis and Liam talked for a while longer until Louis finished his meal and said he had to go.  Liam stared at Louis' bum as he walked away.  Liam stayed in his own little world until I coughed awkwardly to get his attention.

"One Direction?"  I raised an eyebrow at him.

"Harry chose the name."  He shrugged.  "Now, onto more important matters.  Is Louis single and is he gay?"

I laughed.  "Yes, he is single, and yes, he is gay."

Liam's eyes lit up.  "So I might have a chance then?"

"More than might, mate.  He's been drooling over you since he first found out about your band."

Liam beamed at me before his expression became more serious.  "And does Harry maybe have a chance with you?"

I sighed.  "Liam..."

"Will you at least give it a shot?"  Liam pleaded with me.

"I don't know."  I picked at my napkin, refused to meet his eyes.  "He really hurt me."

"I know, but he regrets it, I know he does!  He still talks about you all the time."

I took a deep breath.  "I'll think about it, alright?"

Liam beamed.  "Well, at least start talking to us again, yeah?  Harry's not the only one who's been missing you."

I laugh.  "Alright, how about the three of you come over to my flat tonight?  I'll invite Louis too."

Liam blushed a bit at Louis' name.  "I'd love to, except we have a concert tonight.  Would tomorrow work?"

"Yeah that's fine.  I'll text Lou."

"Oh!  Why don't you two come to our concert tonight?  It's at the club on-"

"I know where it is, Louis was pissed he didn't manage to get tickets.  That works for me, and I'm sure Louis would be more than happy to come."

"Great!  Here's my number, text me when you get there, I'll get you in for free.  I gotta go now, I need to get to rehearsals."

"Alright, see you tonight!"  I grinned at him widely.

He paused on his way out.  "It hasn't been the same without you, Ni.  Nothing has been."

I smiled sadly at him.  "Same here."

"I'm really glad I ran into you."  Liam said firmly.

"Me too, Li."  I said quietly, but he had already left.