Patience, Practice and Perfection

These three P's are necessary for a good dental practice.

Nisma was still new to the idea of her now being married.

She woke up in the morning,prayed fajr,then started her usual morning routine,but instead of going to gym,she went for a run.

She wanted to clear her mind,and the best way was to run.After few laps when she got tired,she sat on a bench,then called up her brother in Edinburgh,he picked up after a few rings.

"Assalamualaikum 'sma,how ru ?"

"Walekum assalaam bhai,I don't know,that's why I called you, after what happened yesterday I am unsure what to feel,did I do anything wrong by agreeing to the Nikah?"

"Nisma don't overthink,dadijaan is elder to us,she has more experience,she must have trusted the guy to get you married to him, I know you must be feeling weird and all, but give time,get to know the guy. I have faith in Allah swt,may Allah swt guide you. Let me know if ur husband needs bashing,even though I am not there,I have my means to get him bashed,just say the word 'sma"

She laughed, "nai bhai,it's not necessary,but I will let you know if any thing of such arises, I am worried about college"

"Don't worry yaar,let ur close friends know about your Nikah,for others also if you want you can divulge,it's your wish,since it's a halal way. Stop overthinking. Give my regards to dadijaan"

"Only to dadijaan,not to someone in particular?"

"Who else do you want to give?"

"Nobody bhai, by the way I got to go,Heena is here,Allah hafiz"

"Wait up, how is she?"

"She is good, but please don't make her wait any longer,you can also get the Nikah done,bidaai after studies,shall I talk to dad?"

"Hmmmmm...,not so sure,but try"

"Are you sure you like her,if you don't,it's okay,she is already getting proposals, and I think her mom is eager to get her married anyways"

"What? Please don't joke about this Nisma, in shaa Allah in the next holiday,I am gonna get the Nikah done,you talk to dad first and then let me know,so I will also present my case to him"

"Sure bhai,and bhai please be safe,love you,Allah hafiz"
"Allah hafiz 'sma"

It was time for college,she was very nervous as though it was her first day, as usual she picked up Heena and Sidra and was on her way to college,when her phone rang,she parked her car on the side and picked up the call,it was an unknown number, "Assalamualaikum who is this?"
"Hey Nisma,it's me Naeem,how ru?"
"Alhamdulillah I am good,what about you?"
"I am good,just wanted to know whether.... I mean ru coming to college today?"
"Yup,I am on my way"
"K,see u then,bye"
"Okay Allah hafiz"
"Who was that?" Sidra asked.
"Well it was my husband,wanted to know whether I will be coming to college "
"Oh....oooooo"
"Guys relax, okay"
They reached college,it was first day of their third year,they would be given clinical postings,they stopped by at office notice board to check out their postings.
Nisma was with Heena and 5 other people,and her first posting was Oral medicine and Radiology, she thought it was perfect since she had no clue on to take up patients and this department would help her in getting to know the patient and diagnosis.
She unintentionally checked for Naeem's posting,he and Sidra had the same posting and it was Community dentistry.
They had lectures from morning till lunch,after lunch they had postings.
She went to lecture hall for her first lecture,before she could enter the hall,somebody called her name,she turned around to see it was Naeem.
"Hey how ru?,which posting do you have?"
"Assalamualaikum,Alhamdulillah I am good,I have Oral medicine"
"Cool I have community, we will be neighbors"
"Hmmmm... So u coming to lecture?"
"Yeah in a while,I am waiting for Hussain and Omar. By the way did u tell about our relationship to anyone,I mean does anyone outside our families know about us?"
"Yeah,my friends know,and it's up to u,if u want to share u can share,I mean if anyone asks you can tell them,I wouldn't mind"
"Ru sure?"
"Yup,positive,okay got to go, See you around, Allah hafiz"
Naeem was surprised,he didn't think she would be okay with him letting people know about their relationship.
It was first time that they had stepped in to the hospital premises.
In Oral medicine they were taught on how to assess a patient the minute he or she steps in to the clinic,the way they speak,the way they walk,how to speak with them,how to diagnose them,etc.
First day went by a blur, soon it was time for them to leave. Nisma and Heena were waiting for Sidra,she was late.
They had been waiting for twenty minutes when Heena got impatient,Nisma told her to be patient, they might be doing something important,that could be the case that she is late. Heena couldn't take it anymore,she said,"I am going to look for her."
"Wait, I will also come with you"
They both went to community department, Nisma asked the receptionist,"hello ma'am have the third years left?"
The receptionist smiled,"not yet,HOD sir is here,so the class will take another 15 or 20 minutes to finish.
Heena groaned,Nisma shushed her, they sat in the waiting hall.
Ten minutes later,some men stepped out,one of them was startled to see two girls waiting in the hall, he came up to them and asked,"who are you,and why are you waiting here ?"
Nisma replied,"good after noon sir,my name is Nisma, a 3rd year student, I am waiting for my friend Sidra,she is posted here."
"Okay,the third years are done now."
Before he could leave,Nisma asked,"sir if you don't mind,may I know your name"
The other person smiled,"my name is Dr.Jagannath, I am the Head of the Department of Community Dentistry, I like your confidence young lady, hope to see you soon in our department"
"Sure sir, and thank you"
After he left,Sidra came shortly and then came Naeem.
Heena was sleeping, Nisma woke her up saying that Sidra has come,lets go.
Sidra apologised for being late,Nisma said,"it's okay, chalo lets go home,else we will miss asr "
Sidra gave her bag to Heena and took her instruments and books with her,she was thankful that she didn't have to drive.
They had placed their things in the car,when Naeem came,he wanted lift to go home,since he had come by college bus,and since it was late,the bus had left,he and Omar were left,Omar was Sidra's brother.
She said,"okay but I will drive"
Naeem sat with her in the front,Heena,Sidra and Omar sat at the back.
After saying her dua she started the car, as luck would have it,half way through the ride,she had a flat tyre.
She asked everybody to get down,took out the spare from the car and was about to start when Naeem and Omar offered to help,she denied saying she can do it and she has already done it before,so Omar backed off,but Naeem decided to help her anyways,and they both changed the tyre successfully.
Now Naeem offered to drive,she accepted.
First to drop were Omar and Sidra,then Heena,she asked about him,he just smiled and took her to his house.
Nisma didn't wanna go,but he insisted saying his dadijaan wanted to meet her.
So she quickly informed her parents about it and took permission and then went with him. She was getting very conscious of her clothes. She was wearing simple off white Anarkali with purple hijab. (Shown in the picture,but with hijab)

She was trying to remove the creases with her hand,Naeem saw her fidgeting and said,"don't worry,they have already met you,just relax,they won't bite you"He held her hand and took inside,they went upstairs, she was just following him

He held her hand and took inside,they went upstairs, she was just following him. They entered a big room, it had a balcony,it was similar to her room but much bigger.
He left her hand and went inside,"dadijaan,look who is here"
An old but very dignified lady was sitting on the rocking chair,she asked Nisma to come near,"come here dear,why are you standing there,come to me"
Nisma went and said,"Assalamualaikum dadijaan"
"Walekumassalaam beta,how ru?,how is Zaina?"
"Alhamdulillah dadijaan is good and so am I, she is getting discharged tomorrow,aap aayiye na,wo aap se milengi to khush ho jaayengi (you come tomorrow,she will be happy to meet you)"
"In shaa Allah"
Then they spoke for a while,it was time for maghrib,she said,"in shaa Allah dadijaan,I will come again,it's going to be maghrib,I should head home,please take care of yourself,Allah hafiz"
Before she left,dadijaan gave her the bangles she was wearing and said,"these bangles were given to me by my mother,you came to our house for the first time,I can't let you leave,empty handed,take this as a token from me,don't deny beta"
She was speechless, the bangles were very beautiful and antique.

He left her hand and went inside,"dadijaan,look who is here"An old but very dignified lady was sitting on the rocking chair,she asked Nisma to come near,"come here dear,why are you standing there,come to me"Nisma went and said,"Assalamualaikum dad...

Before she could say anything,dadijaan told Naeem to put the bangles in her hand,Naeem tried to put the bangles but was unable to do so,after lot of struggling he managed to put one bangle in her right hand. She just chuckled,he was surprised at her behaviour.
She helped him put the other bangle in her left hand.
Dadijaan said,"patience gives the power to practice,practice gives the power to perfection"
Both of them smiled at her.
Naeem dropped her at her house and said,"thank you for coming with me today,it really means a lot."
Nisma just smiled at him and went inside.

Assalamualaikum wrwb dear readers, this is my first note, please bear with me. Sorry for the delayed updates,I was busy with other things,but in shaa Allah I will update regularly from now on.
Positive criticism is always welcome,if you don't like how the story is progressing then I am sorry I can't help you on that. This is my first story,if there are any errors please let me know,jazakAllah khair.
Take care and be safe
With best regards
~Tamzeen~