Chapter 6

Shane pulls out a ritual from his jacket. "What is that?" "It's a ritual we have to set up so that we can bind the evil that will release these spirits and we can go home and get back to 2016. The ritual symbol must be drawn in ash and sand seven feet on each side from the center point," Shane explained. "And you're sure this will get us home?" Matt asked. Shane nodded. "Three of the artifacts must be placed onto the marked points of the symbol. The fourth artifact must be placed in the center of the inner triangle." Everyone starts setting up. "We are gonna go home. We are gonna go shopping. 2016!" Justine said, feeling happy.

"One must sit in the center triangle and wrap the black cord around the fourth artifact seven times, while another recites the binding and location." "Okay, so who's going in the middle?" "Well you're all in white, are we supposed to sacrifice a virgin?" Matt asked Sierra. "No no no," Sierra replied.  "Yeah, Sierra, why don't you help out the group?" "Yeah, you haven't, you've just kinda been standing there," Oli said. "Why is everyone ganging up on me?" Sierra questioned. "I vote Sierra goes in the center," Michael said. "Oh my god, what is going on?" Everyone starts chiming in, agreeing with him.

They begin the ritual. Oli reads out the invocation, while Sierra starts binding the artifact. "With the thread of the crimes of your own design, I bind your evil seven times. I bind you from behind, I bind you from before that you'll hurt my people nevermore. I bind you from the left, I bind you from the right. I bind you day by day and I bind you by night. I bind you from below, I bind you from above. I bind you with your own evil within so let this magic unfold. Goddess of the darkest night, bind the presence that haunts this home in thy sacred fires of eternity." 

"Did we do it?" An evil voice starts laughing. "What was that?" "That's not, we didn't do it." "That sounds like the devil," Oli remarked. "Shane, was that the right ritual?" Lele asked. "It should have been the right one. Why didn't it work?" Shane was confused. "Okay, what if there's something in here that we're missing?" Eva suggested."What if they just wanna play with us more?" Matt asked. Justine and Oli notice that there's this black box. They pull it out and open it. There's a key and a note inside. Justine read out the note when she picked it up. 

"I've cast out demonic spirits and seen the devil himself, but nothing could prepare me for what I found here. This is truly the house that evil built. It haunts me every moment and as the days pass, I see more innocent lives devoured in its terrible mouth. I'm trapped in the back basement. Until I can find release from the evil." "There's someone else in this house. And he's trapped in the basement," Oli said. "I think we should go to the basement," Justine told. "Well then let's go. Let's go to the basement," Joey said. The group went into the basement.

They find a priest in the basement. "Don't! Don't get any closer." The priest said. "Hey guys, that looks like what we just tried to do," Shane reported. "What happened?" The priest asked. "We were trying to bind the evil so that we can get home." "Were you able to accomplish anything?" "It didn't work. The devil laughed at us," Shane explained. "The evil in this house gathers its strength from its five former owners and when they are released, that's when the demon will be weak enough to banish," The priest described. "That's why it didn't work." "I am one of the five former owners trapped in this house. But I lost my faith. I failed to exorcise a demon out of an innocent girl and because of that, she died."

"I just need your help. I need my cross so I can restore my faith and be released. I am trapped inside this circle of protection until my faith is restored. For you to retrieve my cross you must, you must perform an exorcism." "No!" Lele screamed. Justine kisses Eva and held her. "You must. And for that, you need to gather holy water and a rosary. They're both in separate rooms, hiding on the second floor. This is my bible, take it. You'll need it." Joey takes the bible. 

"Now that you're on the path to do the exorcism, be aware, demons will be haunting you." The group went upstairs to the second floor and split up into two groups. Joey, Oli, Michael, Shane, Eva, and Justine. Lele, Matt, Sierra. An hour passes, and both groups have gotten the holy water and the rosary beads. They head to the lounge. Arthur reads out the letter. "You now have the items needed to perform the exorcism. But only two may journey into the darkness and face the demon. They must be selected by vote. First name drawn will assume the role of the first exorcist. And the next name drawn as the second exorcist.

"These are things that I've seen, these are things that I've studied and I believe that I'm probably a better fit to perform this exorcism," Matt stated. "Okay, Matt! Who else wants to do it?" Eva said. "This was a mistake," Matt realized. Before he knew it, he and Sierra were down in the basement, about to perform an exorcism. "Okay, it looks like it's instructions," Matt said. He read the instructions out loud. "To exercise a demon of this strength, it requires the effort of two exorcists. The second exorcist must take the rosary and holy water and complete four steps while the first exorcist holds down the victim no matter how hard they fight back.

There are three major steps to form the exorcism. After all these steps are over the fourth and final step will reveal itself to Matt. Sierra has to sit on the bed and hold down the woman and the entire time she's holding down, she has to say this prayer repeatedly and over and she has to memorize it. Sierra goes to the demon and starts saying the prayer. "Saint Michael, the archangel, be our protection from the wickedness and banish the evil..."

Matt makes a star of candles around a chamber with the incense inside and writes the symbols on the ground. Sierra keeps saying the prayer over and over. The fourth step is to sprinkle holy water on the victim. He does it, and puts the rosary on Sierra. Sierra dies.  "Sierra, I'm so sorry. I did this wrong," Matt panics. He heads upstairs. "I killed her," Matt announces. "You killed her?" "It was an accident!" "So you didn't read the whole note?" Michael asked. "I didn't read the whole thing because it was on a time constraint, I was trying to go as fast as I could," Matt explains. The group heads downstairs to the priest. Matt hands the priest his cross. "Thank you, thank you, I'm free. I kept the journal with my observations of the other owners. He will help you find them," The priest said. The priest disappears. 

"Don't even read the book, it doesn't matter. We killed off all of our friends just to get the four artifacts and then we find out we need to do more just so that we can kill even more people to hopefully get out of the house. This is never going to end and we are all going to die," Lele said.