11-20

Chapter 11 Goodbye, Mo Huawen

"Sir, why did we not rush in according to plan earlier. Instead... the General Manor does not usually have dealings with you." There was a beautiful woman wearing pink in the carriage. She sat to the side, making tea. Her actions were well-practiced and graceful. She stopped and asked curiously.

"The General Manor? We, of course, have to deal with them. I heard that the Eldest Young Master Luo is quite the character... Furthermore, we can work with this music sheet." It was an extremely handsome man who said this lazily. He was about 17 or 18 and was as beautiful as a piece of jade. Most importantly, he had a secretive aura. His aura was like ice that had not melted in millennia. It shone beautifully and yet, it was like extremely calm waters in an ancient pool.

"But, some of your plans would have to be changed for this... Isn't the price a little too heavy..." The beautiful woman looked up. She was as beautiful as a flower. Her jade-like fingers moved nimbly over the boiling water. They were like dancing ice orchids jumping on the cliffs. They were like fire, and also like ice.

"Plans always have to change to succeed. So there is no need to talk about whether the price to pay is high or not. Isn't the price of this music sheet worth it? It is said that my royal grandmother likes these the most. If I give it to her, wouldn't I seem more filial..." The handsome man laughed gayly. He leaned back against the couch, looking casual and leisurely.

"But, sir..."

The beauty wanted to say something else but was interrupted by his crisp voice. "There's no need to say anything else. Prepare an invitation in two days and invite Eldest Young Master Luo for a meeting to discuss poetry."

"Yes." The woman did not dare to say anything else when she saw the man looking as if he were far away.

Mo Huawen had already returned to the manor when Mo Xuetong returned. He frowned and did not say anything when he heard that the third miss had returned. He only waved his hand and got the servants to pack up her things and nothing else. Then, he went to his office to work.

Mo Xuetong did not have much luggage. She asked Mother Xu to send someone to help her pack up. The people from the General Manor left. After all, this was the Mo's home and Mo Xuetong was a family member. Since she had been sent for, then the matters afterward should be discussed by the two families. Nanny Shen was perceptive. She took those with her and left after bidding Mo Xuetong goodbye.

Mo Xuetong saw a well-dressed woman the moment she got off the carriage. The woman had brought a large number of maids and servants to welcome her. She had a high bun and wore a red satin shirt that was embroidered with golden threads. The red was almost true red and if one did not look closely, they would not be able to tell that it was not exactly red. She also had on a pair of gold pants that were embroidered with hundreds of birds. Her eyes were coy and there was a hint of a smile on her lips. Her appearance made one feel relaxed, and if one looked closely, they would see a resemblance between her and Mdm Yu. However, she appeared to be coy.

Even though she was more than 30 years old, she looked to only be in her 20s! This was the woman who had killed her mother in her previous life. She was the Auntie Fang who had brought misery to her previous life. Mo Xuetong's eyes grew cold, as did her heart. She fisted her hands tightly under her sleeves. A sharp blood-thirsty look flashed in her eyes.

Auntie Fang noticed Mo Xuetong getting off the carriage and hurriedly released her maid's hands. She went up to Mo Xuetong and held her hand warmly, saying, "Third miss, you're back. How was your journey? You've traveled for so many days, how do you feel? I told Old Sir to tell you not to hurry back, but he insisted on asking you to hurry back to the capital. How can I feel at ease about that? I have been worried about you for the past few days. But it's great that you're finally back. It's just that you're a little weak. I've already asked the servants to make soup. Drink a bit of soup and then go rest."