81-90

Chapter 81 Reminiscing, King Xuan Ask for a Repayment

Mo Xuetong looked at the branch in her hand dazedly. Could this also be called a flower?

The blossoms on the branch had been destroyed by Feng Yuran's twirling earlier. There were only the yellow stamen and a few ragged petals left on the branch. It looked pathetic.

Feng Yuran took a few steps forward and turned around unhappily when he could not hear footsteps following him from behind. He saw Mo Xuetong looking at the branch in her hand with a dazed look and followed her gaze onto the destroyed blossoms. He flushed despite being shameless usually. Fortunately, Mo Xuetong did not see or discover his odd behavior.

He approached her willfully and tugged the destroyed branch from her hand. He ignored her surprise and pulled down another branch from above him. This time, the branch was broken nicely and the blossoms on the branch were exquisite. It was perfect. He stuffed it into Mo Xuetong's hand impolitely again and said casually. "Throw it away if it's ugly. Take this one and follow me quickly. How can you be so insincere when you are repaying a debt."

Then, he turned and walked away with large strides.

Repayment... What had his bad mood to do with her? Nothing at all! But he had said it so righteously. How arrogant! However, looking at him, it seemed that she had no choice but to accompany him today. She looked at the plum blossom in her hands and then at Feng Yuran who was walking with large strides but at a slow speed. Mo Xuetong hurried a few steps and matched his pace. He was powerful and she could not afford to offend him!

When he heard the soft footsteps behind him, Feng Yuran smiled. It reached his eyes and he felt rather pleased.

The two walked together quietly. Mo Xuetong followed behind Feng Yuran, leaving a step between them. It was not too close nor too far. Mo Ye followed behind them. It counted as someone watching them so it was alright. However, Mo Xuetong felt uneasy, especially when she saw a few ladies with their maids looking at Feng Yuran's handsome face with dazed expressions as he walked past them. She did not even know when the plum blossom in her hand fell. She only knew that the whole situation was worse than what she imagined.

She had only been thinking about how not to offend Feng Yuran, but had not considered that the handsome man would be so troublesome. If rumors were to spread about them walking through the plum blossom forest together, she would be ostracised by the noble ladies. She had heard that there were many noble ladies who admired King Xuan.

She was shocked and sweat erupted on her forehead. She had just arrived in the capital and did not dare to make too many enemies. Mo Xuemin and Auntie Fang had ensured that the people in the capital were already biased against her. If something like this were to happen, then she would make many enemies.

"What's the matter? Are you ill? You are so weak, and yet you don't know to move more. I am in a good mood today and I shall walk with you. Treat it as my charity of the day!" Feng Yuran sensed Mo Xuetong's footstep growing more hesitant. He turned around with a smile, looking as if he was not going to ask for repayment for his kindness.

This person! Could he be any more shameless! Mo Xuetong gritted her teeth secretly. Her eyes flashed and she answered, "King Xuan, you are wise. I am indeed ill and have yet to recover. My body is weak..."

"Mo Xuetong, don't try to trick me with that. I will be very displeased." Feng Yuran's lips lifted. Even though he was smiling, his tone was cold. Mo Xuetong was forced to shut up. "Say what you truly mean. If you have nothing to say, then don't speak nonsense!"

This person was really weird. He was still smiling earlier but had grown angry in a flash. Even though Mo Xuetong was prepared, she still could not help but feel that King Xuan was too difficult to deal with! No one could hide anything from him. She looked as he swept his gaze upon the faces of the other noble ladies and his eyes grew cold and dark. Mo Xuetong knew that he already knew and was waiting for her to say something!