341-350

Chapter 341 Luo Mingzhu's Resistance

After comforting the old madam, Mo Xuetong had lunch at Fu General Manor. She chatted with Luo Mingzhu happily. After that, Mo Xuetong felt a little tired and she returned home with her maids after informing the old madam. Luo Mingzhu sent them to the door and bid her farewell reluctantly. Then, she told Mo Xuetong to be careful with her injured hands again and nagged at her to not touch water before she was healed.

Mo Xuetong agreed with everything she said and reassured her that she would not do anything but rest at home. Then, Luo Mingzhu allowed her to leave, satisfied.

"Second Miss, Old Madam wants you to look for her once you are done sending Miss Mo off." Nanny Shen arrived in a hurry and said to Luo Mingzhu. She was the old madam's personal maid.

"What does Grandmother want?" Luo Mingzhu agreed and asked curiously as she followed Nanny Shen into the house. Her grandmother had been worried about Cousin Tong before she arrived but why was her grandmother so distracted the moment Cousin Tong arrived? Even though her grandmother was still worried about her cousin's injuries, she had been looking at Luo Mingzhu thoughtfully.

"Second Miss, you just have to go. Second Sir and His Excellency have already been there." Nanny Shen answered with a smile.

Her father and eldest brother have all gone to her grandmother's. It must be something big. Luo Mingzhu did not dare to dawdle and she hurried inside.

Nanny Shen did not follow her in when she lifted the curtains. Instead, she sat at the entrance of the hall and started on her needlework.

Luo Mingzhu entered the room and felt that it was rather stifling. Her grandmother was seated on the couch with a grave and worried expression while her father and eldest brother were seated on both sides of her. Even though she could not tell whether they were happy or angry through their expressions, it was obvious that they were feeling troubled. They wore frowns on their faces.

Before she could speak, the old madam pointed to the side and said, "Mingzhu, sit down too."

"Mother..." Luo Bin looked up and said.

"Zhu'er is grown up too and there are some things that she can know about. There is no need to hide it from her. When will she grow up if you all keep protecting her? A family like ours will have to bear as much responsibility as the blessings we receive. This matter involves her. We should tell her about it so she can make decisions about it." The old madam said lightly, her expression calming down.

"Grandmother, Father. Did something happen?" Luo Mingzhu was shocked when she heard what the old madam said. She sat down beside the old madam and tugged on her sleeves while questioning her anxiously. She looked like an adorable child.

"Zhu'er, you're grown up now. Why are you still behaving like that? You do not behave like an adult at all. Look at your cousin, she is so young but has suffered so much. Your aunt passed away early and she grew up early as well." The old madam could not help but pat Luo Mingzhu's head when she saw her expression as she lamented.

"Cousin Tong had no one to dote on her in the past, but she has you now! You have to dote on her plenty and it will not be as tough on her then." Luo Mingzhu's eyes sparkled and she smiled.

The old madam sighed and then patted Luo Mingzhu's head again. One could not tell what she was thinking.

The room quietened down. Luo Bin and Luo Wenyou did not speak. The room was heavy with silence and it made it feel as if there was a breath stuck in one's chest. Luo Mingzhu's eyes turned grave. She knew that something happened and she stopped fooling around. Instead, she listened to what her grandmother had to say quietly.