451-460

Chapter 451: Who is the Owner of the Shop?

This was a grave matter. If Feng Yuran truly believed that Ling Rui'er's reputation was besmirched, it would not benefit the Ding General Manor at all. As such, Duke Ding was very worried too since he could not find the crux of the matter. He had been around the block and knew that the matter was not so simple. However, he did not understand who it was who wanted to deal with the Ding General Manor and King Chu's Manor.

"Uncle, Father, It might just be a coincidence and the people in that shop are just bullies. Uncle, just shut the shop down and have the people in the shop change what they are saying. As long as they admit that they have intentionally slandered me, His Highness will not be angry with me."

Ling Rui'er stood up straight and said hatefully. She wiped her tears away while a hint of viciousness flashed in her eyes. She had her own plans. As long as those people were willing to change their statement, she would be able to save her reputation a little. No matter whether those people had other intentions or not, she believed that they would change what they had to say under torture. Then, they would also tell her who was the mastermind behind all of this.

She had a sudden epiphany and thought of another incident. Her eyes grew even colder and were filled with jealousy and hatred. She wrung her handkerchief furiously as if she was imagining it to be someone's face. She continued, "Uncle, we can just make them say that this was Consort Xuan's plot. Have them say that Consort Xuan intentionally damaged my reputation to attack King Chu and the Ding General Manor."

She felt that Mo Xuetong definitely had something to do with this.

"Do you think that the matter still has not blown up big enough and that your reputation is still not completely ruined?!" Said an icy cold voice. Even though the tone was gentle, it made one shudder.

Ling Rui'er's expression changed greatly upon hearing the voice. She stood up and looked at the person at the door. Her lips trembled but she did not dare to make a sound.

"Your Highness, you're here. Please, come in!" Duke Ding, Ling Xuan, and Second Master Ling, Ling Hai, stood up hurriedly and greeted Feng Yuxuan respectfully. Feng Yuxuan's expression was cold and Ling Rui'er stole a look at him surreptitiously.

Feng Yuxuan nodded and walked in slowly. His expression softened as he entered and by the time he came up to Duke Ding, he had a small smile on his face. He said to Ling Hai and Ling Xuan, with his hands put together in greeting, "Greetings, Duke Ding and Father-in-law."

"Please dispense with the pleasantries, Your Highness. Please, have a sit." Duke Ding said with a smile and invited the prince to his seat. A maid served tea and left.

Feng Yuxuan sat down and said to the pale Ling Rui'er with a gentle smile, "Rui'er, sit down too."

He reached out and held Ling Rui'er's icy cold hands in his and stroked it lovingly. He pulled her down to the seat next to his and then berated her gently, "Rui'er, how could you be so willful? Why didn't you inform me of what happened but came to trouble Father-in-law and Duke Ding instead?"

"I... I... Your Highness!" Ling Rui'er's eyes reddened when she saw the gentleness in Feng Yuxuan's expression. He did not seem to have any intention of scolding her at all. She could not hold back her tears and sobbed behind her handkerchief.

She did not dare to go home after what happened and had run to the Ding General Manor in a hurry to think up a strategy to deal with what happened. She had done all of that because she was afraid that Feng Yuxuan would be unhappy. Any man who encountered a situation like this would not be happy about it, much less the high and mighty prince. However, she did not expect Feng Yuxuan to trust her so. At this moment, Ling Rui'er felt that she would be willing to die for the man in front of her. She was so touched that she started to cry.