Intern

Izuku was starting to get why people like secret identities. If he could, he would go back and get his past self to wear a mask or something so Dabi wouldn't have had such an easy job finding him, and threatening, and almost killing him. He was glad he was still alive but now he had a (probably) serial killer as his tag along. What's worse is he said he would help him. It's not like he's actually going to, he'll just play along until his life is no longer in danger, but still. It's not the best situation. He seems to be in a lot of not good situations as of late.

It's supposed to be his first day as Endeavors intern tomorrow, and that would make him nervous enough never mind the fact he's only doing it to get information on the hero that he'll eventually have to take down. The back of his brain was constantly filled with worries that he'll get caught, be thrown to jail never to see his mom again, forced to live with cellmates that want to kill him more than Dabi.

On top of that stress, he's struggling to keep up with the media that, for some reason, he's found his name popping up in more recently. He's not an idiot and as modest as he likes to be, he knows his place. He knows the impact his articles make, has seen the debates and online discussions when it comes to him. Recently it's been more than that though, somethings stirring, he doesn't know what but there's too much talk for it to be ordinary.

Oh. Did he forget to mention his mother is also getting more suspicious of him? She doesn't like how he's locked up in his room half the time (writing articles that save lives, mind you) and on several accounts she's nearly caught him sneaking out. He feels bad that he has to lie to her, lie to everyone, but it's for the best. He just hopes no one catches on.

He hopes most of all that Kacchan doesn't catch on. His friend is smart, that much is undeniable, and if anyone he knows is going to figure him out, it'll be him. That's also, as he's coming to realize, the worst thing that could happen. He'll do something without even realizing it, like getting mad at him and in the midst of his outburst scream at him and expose him.  Or maybe he'll keep it a secret but hate him forever, probably think he's trying to one up him. As if he could ever do better than someone like Kacchan.

That's another thing. It's not like he doesn't like Kacchan or anything but he can't help but get tired of the aggressive boy. Everyday this past week has been a new challenge, a new reason to be mad at Izuku. He likes school and all but it's getting harder to look forward to, despite his rising grades. He can hardly sit still in class out of anticipation for what comes after school. Hero hunting, as his brain has disappointingly decided to call it, is his favorite part of the day. When he's doing it he feels just so... real. There's a name to hide behind, something to protect him while he just is himself, doing something that helps others.

Well, he doesn't have that name to hide behind when it comes to Dabi. The man knew his name, knew where he lived, knew who his family is so it's only fair he knows a little more about him. It didn't take much, just a simple search through recent vigilante/villain activity involving fires, some cross referencing with video footage and voila! He knew all of his crimes (at least that are on record and a few more), his home (though he wouldn't count it as a home) and all of his usual contacts. Izuku was proud. Now at least he had some dirt on the person who had a tendency to threaten his life. The only thing he couldn't discover was Dabi's real name (which he had to have because there is no way some one named their child cremate).

It was just enough information to make him feel more at ease at working with the scarred man. He was a pety criminal. Never commits a crime that causes too much attention. The casual raid of a store every now and then, a little bit of arson. Just enough that Izuku was certain he was doing most of it just so he could get a weeks meal. Anything thing he could trace back to being slightly important always ended up being because he was a working a gig for someone. So maybe, despite wanting to kill Endeavor, flame boy had some decent morals. Or maybe Izuku could be completely wrong and he is a sociopath that is on the verge of being a high terr villain. Either way, Izuku could (hopefully) change his mind on the whole killing thing.