Warning

[A/N: Short? 100% but I don't have the energy to care.]

The first thing Izuku did when he arrived in class was run into the door.

It's not entirely his fault (it a hundred percent is). He's been distracted since Dabi had told him how he got his scars. It's stupid, but he couldn't help himself from being curious and over analyzing it. He'd been distracted when eating dinner with his mom. He was distracted during his intern yesterday and he's distracted even now, as he walks into class only to find the door isn't open like usual and now his face is pressed against it.

"Ow," he muttered softly, rubbing at his face. All these thoughts about Dabi's past are slowly killing him. He doesn't know why he's so surprised about it all. He knows Dabi had to have gotten his scars somewhere but he didn't expect them to be from himself. He can't imagine being born with a quirk designed to hurt you. It sort of makes him want to wrap Dabi in a hug but he doesn't knowing if he did he'd be burnt to a crisp.

Fire and cold. That combination kept playing in his mind. That was the thing that kept him up till midnight, the thought that played on loop in his head. He couldn't not compare it to fire and ice. His quirk, as he stated, was cremation or the creation and manipulation of blue fire and yet he had almost a secondary quirk of sorts that went completely against that. He said his skin could withstand cold, almost like it was designed for ice. A fire quirk with a body meant for ice. Ice and fire. Half hot, half cold.

That was his problem. His mind kept circling back to Shouto, to the Todoroki family on a whole. And then he'd go on tangents in his head. He'd link Dabi's hatred for Endeavor and his startlingly familiar blue eyes to the family. He'd play around with the idea of a fire and ice combination quirk and how few families have those traits. The reaction to him talking about Shouto. The hesitance when talking to Natsuo. How lightly he stepped around facts involving Rei. How he'd ran away from home and lived on the streets. In his head it all clicked but his heart kept denying it. As helpful as it would be, deep down he didn't want Dabi to be who he thinks he is. The worst part is this time he doesn't think his head's wrong.

"That was a little sad." A tired voice dragged him out of his thoughts and he turned around to see none other than Shinsou standing behind him, amused smirk playing on his lips. Oh. He saw that. Shinsou walked past him, opening up the door and held it for him. He sarcastically grinned. "I've got it, y'know, so you don't run into it again."

Why are all the people he surrounds himself with assholes?

"Ha ha, hilarious," he retorted but still accepted the opened door and strolled into class and sat down at his seat, Shinsou trailing not far behind.

The insomniac (there's no way he isn't with those eye bags, Izuku decided) pulled out his books while saying to him, "You weren't here yesterday. You missed some reporters breaking into the school and causing havoc."

Izuku rubbed at his neck, laughing painfully awkward as well. "Sorry I missed it. I bet it was fun to watch. I, uh, I had to go to my internship yesterday. My supervisor wasn't going to let me skip even if it was just an easy going patrol."

Shinsou nodded before turning away from him in his seat, opting to pull out his phone and open up a game. At a glance Izuku guessed it was a puzzle game judging by the colours. He sighed and pulled out his own phone. He's having trouble connecting with Shinsou. He knows he impressed him the other day with the heroes versus villains exercise but he still didn't feel like that was enough. He doesn't know why it's such a big deal. He guesses he just wants at least one friend if he's going be to going here but... it doesn't really matter.

Mic came into the class room, his usual greeting ringing through the classroom. Several kids covered their ears in alarm. "Morning listeners! I've been told to inform you that today will be running a little differently. The hero students are doing training at the USJ today so this afternoon we will not be watching them, instead we'll be going over note taking for analysts and maybe some extra English! We have a scheduled class with the support course in a few days as well. I'll give more details on that later but all you little listeners need to know now is that you'll need to pay attention then for if you want to go far in the sports festival!"