1; making sure it beats and bleeds

Waking with a gasp Mashka clutches onto the sheets next to her

        Waking with a gasp Mashka clutches onto the sheets next to her. No light enters her room, causing her to look to the side. Aleksander lays next to her in the darkness. Relaxing she sinks her head back into the pillow. 

"Only a dream, love." His voice is velvet through the shadows. 

         Turning to her side she moves closer to him. "It's the same every time." 

"Go back to sleep, rest." Hands pull her into his side, her hand hovering over his chest. 

        Listening to his heart brings her the upmost comfort. The pressure and danger he puts himself into every day leaves her constantly searching for his heart in a sea of people. Aleksanders heart is a sound she knows better than any others, making sure it beats and bleeds how it's always done. 

        Smiling down at Mashka, he strokes his hands through her hair. "Will you be here when I wake?" she can feel the affects of his own rhythm seeping through her bones. 

"Yes." 

       The pain coming through her heart hasn't anything to do with her hand over his, but with the fact she would be the one gone when he woke. 

heartless// kanye west 

"somewhere far along the road he lost his soul, to a woman so heartless." 

cherry// harry styles 

"I confess I can tell that you are at your best, I'm selfish so I'm hating it." 

rolling in the deep// adele 

"there's a fire starting in my heart, reaching a fever pitch and it's brining me out the dark. finally I can see you crystal clear, go ahead and sell me out I'll lay your ship bare." 

nothing's gonna hurt you baby// cigarettes after sex 

"nothing's gonna hurt you baby, nothing's going to take you from my side." 

forget me too// machine gun kelly ft halsey 

"I left before you woke up, I don't feel right seeing you sober. you want me to forget you? okay forget me too."

visions of gideon // sufjan stevens 

"I have loved you for the last time." 

o my heart// mother mother 

"I throw my heart into the fire, cause I want to set my heart on fire. and I try to watch it befriending embers, but ice don't melt in mid december."