11; the influence of darkness

Mashka's meetings for the day were nothing if not boring

        Mashka's meetings for the day were nothing if not boring. Though after her kiss with Aleksander, everything felt like a bore. He knew how to ignite things inside of her that caused her entire being to combust. The worst part is, he knows. Mashka would catch his eye in meetings, seeing a small smirk on his face when he's caught her staring. It shouldn't be so attractive how he can command a room with just a whisper, but it always stirs a part of her she didn't know she had. 

       Once Aleksander dismisses them for a break Mashka waits until people start to file out of the room. Sitting across from her Aleksander shifts through papers. "You should go eat Mashka." 

"I'll eat when you eat." she hates how he can acknowledge her without looking at her. She's gotten used to his gaze, it keeps her warm. 

       Looking up he leans back in his chair before he moves to stand. Mashka watches carefully as he stalks towards her. It only takes him four steps to reach her. His finger tilts her chin to face him, Mashka keeps quiet. 

       Leaning down Aleksander ghosts their lips together, hardly touching. Pulling away Mashka presses her finger to her lips. "What would our guests think General." 

       Smiling he connects their lips together for their second kiss. It's a risk for them to be in such a public space, anyone could walk back in. But Mashka could gives less of a care in the world with the way he grips onto her chin and invades all of her senses. Aleksander takes all of her in, smiling into the kiss as she grips onto the back of his neck as if it was always meant to be there. Like statues meant to be forever locked in embrace, that's how he thought of his Mashka. 

      Pulling away Aleksander straightens up, watching as Mashka flutters her eyes open. Saints he loves her eyes, better than the True Sea. "Envious I'm sure." 

      In one last attempt Mashka brings him back down to her lips again. Obliging her, more than happily he kisses her sweetly. Both of them pull away far too quickly, the sound of footsteps outside in the hallways. 

       As if nothing ever happened Aleksander takes a seat as soon as one of their informants takes a seat at the table. Mashka hides her smirk as she shuffles her notes in front of her. Taking a peak up at Aleksander she blushes at the smirk he sends her way. 

       Aleksander left her to a small room joined only a few paces away from his own, Mashka at one point planned on making it into a nursery. Laying in the bed she can't tell if it's evening or morning yet. It was one of the worst sleeps of her life, she got maybe two hours tops. Something about being back in the Little Palace didn't sit right. 

       It wasn't her room at the inn, four walls and some paintings were all she needed back in Fjerda. This was grand, it didn't feel like hers anymore. There was a time people bowed their heads as she walked past, she didn't want that for herself now. There was gold, and extravagance everywhere she turned. The bedsheets are silk and velvet, she's gotten use to cotton and fur.