5; fine, no flattery

It was quick, an attack they should have seen coming

          It was quick, an attack they should have seen coming. Mashka flinches on her horse when a bullet flies past her. Steering her horse towards Kirigan she wills them to go faster. The carriage stops once the driver falls to the ground. The second driver screams out to her. 

"Mashka!" 

         An arrow skims  her side, causing her to falter. Clutching the reigns of her horse she keeps moving. What they were transporting couldn't get taken. Looking behind her she see's the inferni that they brought fighting off four different members of  Fjerdan's. They were only a few miles away from Os Alta, this was known to be a rocky place in their trek. 

        Quickly moving her hands she listens. There were ten heartbeats, more in the tree line. When Kirigan emerges from the transport carriage time stops as it always does when she see's him. Frowning he see's the arrow in her Kefta, the small hesitance makes her turn around. 

"Stay with the target General!" she calls back to him, helping her fellow Grisha. 

        Once she gets closer she flies off of her horse, grabbing the sword she keeps on her saddle she stabs a man through the stomach. The inferni, Rina sends a deadly blast to the second soldier she was fighting off. A shout can be heard from the tree line. 

"There's more!" She shouts so their whole team can hear. 

       The Fjerdan doesn't stand a chance as she twists her wrist, causing his blood to boil from within. Turning around, Rina fights the last of the four. 

       The man running towards them looks sickly proud. Before Mashka can run towards them something stabs itself into her side. One of the burnt Fjerdan's rises from the ground and smiles as the small sword stabs though her kefta. 

"Witch." he snarls in her face. 

       Mashka clutches her wound. "Fool." she mutters back to him. In one swift movement his heart stops in his chest. 

"Get the General out of here." she yells to Rina. 

       Raising a hand two of the attacking Fjerdan's stop in their tracks. Mashka pictures it before it happens. They drop to the ground, dead. Running forward she takes the sword out of her side, feeling the pain vibrate throughout her entire body. Just as she's about to come close to one, they shoot a bullet towards them. 

      She ducks behind a tree, wincing as the blood seeps into her kefta. Raising her hands above her head she can only hear two more heartbeats. Furrowing her eyebrows she peaks around the tree when she realizes that there was now two dead Fjerdan's laying on the ground. 

      Breathing heavily she turns to see Kirigan storming over to her. Gulping she presses down harder onto her kefta, maybe it was a stupid move to go this far alone. Just as she's about to stumble forward Kirigan catches her.