10; kisses, kefta's, and cruelty.

Sitting in front of her fireplace  Mashka sips on a glass of tonic

   Sitting in front of her fireplace  Mashka sips on a glass of tonic. Today was mostly spent in meetings with Kirigan. There were different delegates and officials over for the week, they had one more day before they left. Being with Aleksander was always a plus, but still a bore. She was a better soldier than politician. 

       A knock signals her to look away from the flames. "Enter." she calls towards the door. 

       Aleksander walks into the room, causing Mashka to rise to her feet. "Sir, is everything alright?" 

"Perfectly fine." Mashka tries to hide the smile on her face as she watches him shift on his feet. 

       Sitting down she pats the seat next to her. Kirigan nods, shifting to go sit next to Mashka. Tucking her feet under her, she faces him. It reminds her of the night she met him officially, she sat in front of his fire and hasn't felt the heat leave since. That night she never would have pictured herself so comfortable in his presence. 

"Tonic?" she asks once he relaxes into his seat. 

        Aleksander takes a second to respond when he realizes she's offering him something. "Pardon me Mashka, I think todays meetings have left me tired." 

"Here." Mashka goes to her small table, pouring him a glass. 

       Going to hand him the glass his hand catches her wrist before she sits down in her own seat.  Mashka lands on the arm rest. Aleksander takes the glass from her hand, encasing his own with Mashka's. "I have to thank you for today." 

"Hardly, you held the room together." Mashka enjoys the sound of his heart, it's soothing. 

      Shaking his head he looks up to her. "Will you accept the compliment please." 

"No."  she smirks down at him. 

       The teasing causes him to smile. "No?" he traces the inside of her palm, the callouses that he finds. 

"No." she repeats. 

       It's then she notices that he's leaned forwards and she's tilted her head down. His hands have moved to rest on the back of her bicep, the other holding onto her neck. Mashka doesn't have time to think about where he's put his drink because her hand has found itself gripping the lapel of his kefta. Gazing up at her Aleksander's eyes flicker down to her lips, the only time they've strayed from her eyes. 

"Aleksander." 

        Nodding his head in response, their noses touch. "Mashka." 

         Closing her eyes she takes the plunge. Connecting their lips together Mashka feels the heat from the fire, his heart now beating wildly in his chest, the way his hands grip her tight in the awkward position they're in. His lips are softer than she was expecting, but his stubble scratches her skin in the most delectable way.