Chapter 6 - The Meeting

Woohoo! Chapter 6 is out and this is where the story begins to get good. I really do hope you guys enjoy! Happy reading!

Matt's POV

The first thing I notice about Yautja Prime is the heat. It hasn't even been a minute and I'm already sweating. Skull notices my discomfort and tells me that he might have a way to help. God, I hope he does. As Elder Guan leaves the drop ship I'm finally able to get a good look at the planet. We appear to be in some kind of spaceport with landing pads and ships all around us. All around us, yautja go about their jobs, inspecting and repairing ships and equipment.

To the left of the drop ship is jungle, stretching off over the horizon, as far as the eye can see and to the right of the ship is what I presume is the clan's city. A sprawling metropolis with buildings of all shapes and sizes. Towards the center of the city are many tall pyramids reminiscent of the Mayan and Aztec ones in South America. The tallest pyramid, which I presume is where the queen lives, sits in the center of all the other pyramids, towering over them.

We begin our walk into the city towards the pyramids. Passing Yautja look towards me with absolute disgust and contempt. I block out their overdramatic reactions to my presence and keep walking with my head held high.

Some of the aliens decide that privately hating me isn't good enough and decide to confront us. This slows our little group as we make out way towards the pyramids but one look from both the Elder and his guards, quickly shut them up. I'm getting sick of being delayed by these annoying aliens.

I hate being late. Back home I was always on time to everything. If I was ever late and it was my fault, the guilt would always eat me alive, and if I was late to this meeting, I don't even know what I'd do. Probably lock myself in a room and never come out again.

As we get nearer to the pyramid, that I now realize is actually a palace, we pass through a market selling everything from food to weapons and tools. Hundreds, maybe thousands of yautja are out and about, shopping or just socializing. I wonder what currency they use, or if they even use money at all. I should probably ask Skull whenever I get a chance to do so.

We climb the front steps to the palace and are greeted by a group of what I can only assume are the Matriarch's Royal Guards. After a brief conversation between the leader of the guards and Elder Guan, as well as a quick search, they part, allowing us through the entrance.

They quickly surround us as we are escorted to the throne room. Whilst walking through the halls, I can't help but admire how impressive this place is. The interior of the palace is made up of a dark gray metal with stone floors and high ceilings. Royal Guards are stationed at every doorway, standing absolutely motionless and holding their spears by their sides.

We approach a large doorway with six Royal Guards stationed outside. This door opens automatically as we approach to reveal a massive room with dozens of Royal Guards standing all along the perimeter, waiting to spring into action if needed. In the center of the huge room is a platform. Sitting on the platform is a large throne made of what look like bones and skulls.

As I stand between Skull and Elder Guan, admiring the room, a door to one side of the room opens and a procession of guards enter the room. Around me, all the Yautja in the room kneel down and bow their heads. Realizing what is happening, I quickly copy them, my heart beating so fast I think it might burst out of my mind chest.

I watch as a female enters the room with an escort of Royal Guards. This must be the clan's matriarch. From what Skull has told me, she is one of the most powerful, if not the most powerful Yautja alive. She climbs the steps of the platform and gracefully sits down, her masked face silently observing our small group and the dozens of guards in the room.

Predator: A Hunter's Journey (ON HOLD)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें