who are you

indi

rhian, cameron, arthur and i were huddled behind a raging bush, packed against each other. 

 all four of us held our breaths as three figures ducked out from the jeep. two men, one woman. they were armed. 

"that gun would really have come in handy now, indi," i heard cameron breathe, his tone tinged with annoyance.

"yeah, well, what do you want me to do, summon more ammo??" i said. cameron really was infuriating sometimes. he shut up.

the 2 men and the woman walked over to mr davies, barely a few feet from us. if they came any closer, they'd spot us for sure. muffled conversation danced into earshot and i heard the woman groan. one of the men said, "so... i'm guessing ethan didn't exactly get rid of walker." he picked up the mask we had, a few minutes ago, touched. "stupid face masks," he grumbled, hands on his hips. 

how did they know my dad???

suddenly, arthur stumbled, his ankle giving way. the rest of us teetered off balance, swaying the remaining leaves of the bushes. now we're really in trouble, i thought as the woman spun around sharply, narrowing her analysing eyes at the bush in front of us. 

"oh my god, arthur why did u..." rhian whisper-shouted, evidently frustrated.

"shut up, rhian, the woman..." i said.

"well i have a broken ankle it isn't my fault rhian why don't u be nicer-"

"guys should we expose ourselves?? she's already coming..."

"true-"

"ARE YOU CRAZY CAMERON WHY DID U SUGGEST THAT" i whisper shouted. the bush was buzzing with the chaos ensuing behind it.

"i-i guess i should be the one?? since my ankle caused us to-"

"no way arthur she looks too badass for-"

"oh my god we're gonna die"

"g-guys i'm gonna stand up-?"

"arthur don't u dare-"

arthur stood up on his steady leg, his face a perfect definition of anxiety. a few silent moments passed between the woman and him. the three of us in the bush resisted the urge to groan. the woman reached for her gun-

i stood up behind arthur. no way was he going to get shot just for doing what we were already planning to do. "hey. put that away," i said, my voice surprisingly stable for the amount of blood pounding through my veins. the two men behind the woman turned to face us, brows furrowed. the woman stared at me and i thought i saw recognition spark in her face. now that i looked at her properly, i noticed her high cheekbones and sturdy browbone, her eyes drilling into mine. "ilsa," one of the men said, his voice sharp and low. slowly she lowered her gun. i felt cameron and rhian stand up behind me. 

she looked straight at me, not seeming to let her guard down. the two men walked over beside her. "who are you?" ilsa, i assumed, shot pointedly at me, staring me down.

huh. no way was i letting go of her gaze. "i think that's my line. who are you, and how do you know august walker?" 

ilsa took a step back, faltering. "who is he to you?" she suddenly took out her gun again, aiming it at me. panic flashed in my mind and my eyes swivelled, trying to find a way out if she was actually intending to shoot me. "who is he to you?" she pressed, her mouth pursed intently. 

"hey, lady, whoever you are, i don't think you should talk to indi like that-" rhian started.

"he's my dad. or was, my dad, i don't know. didn't he, what, die in a car crash?? a few years ago??"

one of the men widened his eyes and turned to his companion. "august walker had a daughter???" he asked, his voice incredible. 

"well. the girl did say he was her father. don't know if it's legit," he replied.

ilsa lowered her gun warily. "why are you here? why are... any of you here?"

"school trip, went for a little adventuring," cameron said, finally speaking up. 

"how do you know mr davies?" i asked, the question in my head finally slipping out. 

"...who?"

"mr davies. the man behind the mask. he was... our teacher," i found myself saying. 

"oh my god..." ilsa said, running her hands through her hair and looking at the two men. 

one of the men stepped to us. "i'm luthor. and this," he motioned to the other man, "is benji. she's ilsa. now, i don't really like to involve other people on our missions, but it looks like we don't have much of a choice. whether you kids like it or not, you're pretty much tied into this whole operation starting now. especially you," he added, nodding at me. 

arthur started stammering, his fingers fidgeting. "but we... can't," he said, his voice trembly. 

rhian, cameron, luthor and i looked at him. 

"we got... homework," he finished.

author's note

ok besties this is it for this chapter lol u can tell some parts were kinda forced 

i haven't been writing in quite a while so cut me some slack if some parts are kinda not up to the previous chapters' standards.. :""

yeah no i might update later i might update tomorrow i might update in a month we'll see!!!