introduction

cameron

okay, hey. i'm cameron and i'm 17. so are my mates: rhian, arthur, and indi. i'm pretty much your ordinary kid, albeit a kind of popular one. i play football, a lot, and i work out too. some people would describe me as a sharp perfectionist, but pfffft, that's not entirely true. 

let me tell you more about my friends. i met rhian through football practise and we got pretty close. he's super mischievous and  somehow pulls any girl he wants. that's another thing people say i'm good at, but nah. so. one day when we had a sub, this kid named arthur started getting bullied by lennon and kevin, the class bullies who we did not know at all. they started taunting him and knocking his glasses to the floor, using a book to hit him, you get the gist. naturally we stood up and walked over, trying to interfere, but this girl named indi came into the picture. she's always acted like a tomboy, i guess, and she's quite good at all sorts of sports. she's tanned and fit. even manages to beat rhian at arm wrestling. we didn't know her that well, we just interacted with her occasionally. anyway. she literally picked up the book on the floor that kevin used to hit arthur and straight up beat him over the head. at that point i was thinking, not a smart move at all. 

obviously he wasn't happy. 

"what the hell do you think you're doing, walker?" kevin growls, his black eyes glinting dangerously towards indi. "who told you to interfere, you little-" his swings his massive arm, aiming a full blown punch towards her. guess what. she steps aside smartly, grabs his arm and twists it, although not hard enough for him to scream. the look she shot him was threatening enough to shut him up. "no one told me to interfere. i'm just being independent," she breathed.

all this while arthur was standing behind them, completely unharmed by the other guy, lennon, thus far. he realised this and tried to worm himself out of the situation. arthur caught lennon's attention and he whipped around, grabbing a fistful of arthur's hair. by this time, the entire class was staring at us, with the exception of our sub, mrs garcia, still oblivious to what was happening.

of course rhian and i stepped in to wrench lennon's hand off arthur. that idiot made the mistake of yelling. mrs garcia looked up. she saw indi and kevin fighting, and rhian and i at a side holding onto lennon's arm. it didn't take a genius to figure out what was going on.

we spent the rest of the day in detention. got to know arthur and indi better, though. arthur's exactly what rhian predicted: super nerdy but kind and smart, i guess.  indi, on the other hand, is not like any other girl i've met before. generally all of them just wanted to flirt and gossip, typical girl stuff. but indi is more like a... boy, i guess. or you could say a tomboy. she still kind of wears girl stuff, just not dresses. her sense of humor definitely rivals rhian's. the other girls don't really accept her even though they're friendly with her, simply because she isn't like them. so now she hangs out with us. arthur, well, he's never fit in, but he's pretty nice and helps us with stuff. he's not that bad as you think he is. he's also wealthy but not arrogant at all, seeing as we've been to his place for a project. they are some pretty cool dudes, my best friends.

so today, we've been told our previous teacher, mr davis, wasn't around any more. of course that brought up a big reaction. i mean, what?? he wasn't even that old.

"bro, just when he was starting to grow on me," rhian leant towards indi, arthur and me, snorting. 

"shut up, man," indi rolled her eyes, biting back a laugh. arthur, being himself, hissed for us to shush as our new teacher strolled in.

author's note

hi! thanks for reading! i'm reaaaally nervous as to how this turned out. it might have been a little boring since that was just how cameron and his best friends met, hehe. sorry if there's any grammar mistakes! if there is, please let me know and i'll try to change them. i hope you liked it and i'll try to post the next part hopefully by today or tomorrow? stay safe and stay at home during this period of time!