38 - Different Places

Friday. No response.

I walked into the nursery. Cordi was already awake but she seemed fussy. The second I picked her up she started to whine.

"Shh, calm down," I whispered, "You get to see Daddy and Grandma Cissy and Lucius!" I said, trying to sound happy but I really wasn't.

Although, I'm beginning to realize how badly I screwed up with Draco and that I probably should just accept the fact that he doesn't love me.

Cordi, thankfully calmed down and snuggled into my embrace; oh how I wish I could be young again, when my biggest worries were what doll I should play with.

I changed Cordi into a dark green dress which looked adorable on her. After I got her dressed, I took her downstairs and to the kitchen. Mother was already in there.

"Have you heard from Draco yet, dear?" she asked as she slid a plate of food to me.

"No," I mumbled, biting my lip to prevent myself from tearing up.

She sighed. "Please don't give up on him, Blair. He's hurting, just give him time and I'm sure he'll come around."

"I know, but he hasn't even asked about Cordi. You would think he would care enough to ask about her."

She stayed silent, obviously unsure of what to say. "Well if you don't hear anything from him in the next few days, then you should go visit him."

"Yeah, sure maybe," I said, "could you watch Cordi while I get dressed?"

In all honesty, I just wanted to leave because I knew staying on the subject of Draco would eventually make me cry and I didn't want either of them to see me cry.

"Of course."

I handed Cordi off to her before hurrying up to my room.

I put on a black dress and heels, like usual. My hair was curled and a jacket draped across my shoulders. The dress was a little tight, but if Draco just so happens to be at the manor at the same time, then he can see exactly what he's missing.

-

-

-

Somehow within the time I spoke with Blaise, I decided it would be a good idea to drink my problems away. It's been working as I've managed to not think about Blair, but that was up until she sent another letter.

And at this point, I was too drunk. Drunk to the point where I blacked out and missed returning to the manor to visit my daughter.

———Blaise———

I had received a letter from Blair this afternoon. It was Monday to be exact, and I guess she was bitching about Draco apparently never returning to the manor.

"Did you get a letter from Blair, too?" Pansy asked as I was walking to Draco's dorm.

"Yep. This is getting ridiculous," I grumbled.

Pansy nodded in agreement as we reached Draco's dorm. She knocked, but we didn't receive an answer.

"Is she sure he's not at the manor?" Pansy asked.

"Probably. She sounded pissed in her letter."

Pansy huffed and pulled out her wand, waving it swiftly at the door. It opened and we walked inside only to be greeted with a mess and a horrid stench of alcohol.

"Holy shit," I mumbled.

Pansy and I navigated our way through the piles of letters in Blair's handwriting, clothing, books, and much more. A large lump covered by blankets rested on the bed, it stirred slightly as we approached.