5 - Unbreakable Vow

"Cissy! Val! Have you two gone mad?" Bellatrix cried as they hid behind the alley ways of the buildings nearby.

"The Dark Lord trusts him," Narcissa murmured.

"Yeah, well the Dark Lord is mistaken!" Bella shot back.

Valentina and Narcissa did not respond. Instead, Valentina proceeded to knock on a door which was opened by Peter Pettigrew.

They walked into a room where a man reading a newspaper sat - Severus Snape.

"What. Do. You. Need."

"We won't be here long, Severus. The Dark Lord has forbade me to speak of this bu-" Narcissa was saying.

Snape cut her off, "Well if the Dark Lord forbiddens it, then we must not talk of what isn't ours...however, the Dark Lord did tell me. Dumbledore is a great wizard. Only a fool would question it."

Narcissa said, "I don't doubt you, Severus."

"You should be on it Cissy! As for Draco and Blair," said Bellatrix.

Narcissa looked at Valentina, Snape, and Bellatrix in turn. She and Val both knew Snape was their only shot at keeping Blair and Draco safe.

"They're just kids. We all know very well that he's just going to kill them because he knows they're not strong enough to carry out the tasks," she spoke, softly.

"I can't change the Dark Lord's mind, but it might be possible for me to help them," Severus said, flatly.

"Severus, swear to it," Valentina said, approaching him.

"Make the Unbreakable Vow," Bellatrix whispered. She wore a sickening, evil, smirk.

He looked at Bella, and it was quite clear that he had given in. "Take out your wand," said Severus, slowly.

"I'll do it," Narcissa whispered.

She stepped up to Severus, and held out her arm. They grabbed each other's wrists, and Bella took out her wand.

"Will you, Severus Snape, watch over Draco Malfoy and Blair Edwards as they attempt to fulfill the tasks of the Dark Lord?" she whispered.

"I will."

Narcissa and Valentina smiled confidently. They may have just finessed the Dark Lord.

As the three women were about to leave, Snape pulled Valentina aside. "Does Blair know?"

Valentina looked down. "No. We don't know how to tell her. We're not even sure if she'll understand why she's one...or how...even what a horcrux is."

"Well you may want to tell her!" Severus jeered. "She will risk everything if she gets killed! What if he hurts her unknowingly because I assume he doesn't know she's one either."

"We placed a protection charm on her when she was a baby. We're hoping that'll keep her safe. Besides, we're not even sure if she is one!"

"Well, if she gets kil-"

"Yes. I know. Julius and I will be the ones to get it. She won't. She's safe. It's best if the Lord doesn't know because then he'll be even more controlling."

"Bold statement considering you forced her into a marriage and to join him. What more does she have to lose?" Snape replied.

Valentina looked offended, and was at a loss for words. "Julius and I had no choice. You knew that was coming anyways, so you have no room to judge!"

They glared at each other coldly. Valentina knew Severus was right. She had failed Blair, and it hurt her knowing her little girl was now forced to do horrid tasks, and to be married so young.

Without another word, Valentina stormed off behind Bellatrix and Narcissa.